Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Reminiscent of the tobacco companies. Profit over people once again.
Ironically, itā€™s the deniers who keep saying ā€œfollow the moneyā€œ and then dismally fail to do exactly thatā€¦.
Spot on for both points sadly.
I wonder if we'll get our green levy taxes back since it would appear to be a stalling tactic for the big oil companies to keep us in dino fuels for so long. I've maybe got up too early this morning and still dreaming ha.
Slight OT maybe but science related nonetheless, have you been watching the Dakar Rally? Hydrogen powered truck, sustainable fuel vehicles and also Audi with their EV vehicles all mixing it with the fossil fuel vehicles, stages are 400km+ and i don't imagine fuel economy going up and over sand dunes will be anything to write home about so range is important. Breath taking scenery as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Spot on for both points sadly.
I wonder if we'll get our green levy taxes back since it would appear to be a stalling tactic for the big oil companies to keep us in dino fuels for so long. I've maybe got up too early this morning and still dreaming ha.
Slight OT maybe but science related nonetheless, have you been watching the Dakar Rally? Hydrogen powered truck, sustainable fuel vehicles and also Audi with their EV vehicles all mixing it with the fossil fuel vehicles, stages are 400km+ and i don't imagine fuel economy going up and over sand dunes will be anything to write home about so range is important. Breath taking scenery as well.
I canā€™t speak to the situation in other countries but here in Australia, but tax makes up roughly half of what you pay at the bowser for your preferred fuelā€¦. Iā€™d imagine that a government with a history of gathering revenue in this fashion, might be a little worried about how they might go about squeezing the juice as we move forward, particularly when people are generating their own power at home.

Havenā€™t seen any of the rally other than the highlight reels. One of the guys at work has been keeping me in the loop though. Heā€™s very anti-EV (but accepts the science of CC/AGW) so itā€™s quite interesting to hear his take on all of it.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
I canā€™t speak to the situation in other countries but here in Australia, but tax makes up roughly half of what you pay at the bowser for your preferred fuelā€¦. Iā€™d imagine that a government with a history of gathering revenue in this fashion, might be a little worried about how they might go about squeezing the juice as we move forward, particularly when people are generating their own power at home.
Here in the UK we have an annual ā€˜Road Fund Licenceā€™ fee. Collectively known as Road Tax. The amount varies depending on emissions and initial msrp of the car in question. Until very recently EVā€™s were exempt from paying this as an incentive to get people into them. With the increasing popularity and loss of the revenue from the fuel pumps - approx 70% of our fuel price is made up of various taxes - EVā€™s are now required to pay the Road Fund Licence (tax). -This is a simplistic overview as there are other factors involved - Iā€™d imagine that other govts. could get equally imaginative when it comes to this.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Here in the UK we have an annual ā€˜Road Fund Licenceā€™ fee. Collectively known as Road Tax. The amount varies depending on emissions and initial msrp of the car in question. Until very recently EVā€™s were exempt from paying this as an incentive to get people into them. With the increasing popularity and loss of the revenue from the fuel pumps - approx 70% of our fuel price is made up of various taxes - EVā€™s are now required to pay the Road Fund Licence (tax). -This is a simplistic overview as there are other factors involved - Iā€™d imagine that other govts. could get equally imaginative when it comes to this.
In Illinois there is an EV surcharge of $100 added annually to a license plate renewal. So, the normal ICE license of $151 becomes $251. I have no doubt that this is an entry level charge and will grow rapidly as EVs roll out.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
In Illinois there is an EV surcharge of $100 added annually to a license plate renewal. So, the normal ICE license of $151 becomes $251. I have no doubt that this is an entry level charge and will grow rapidly as EVs roll out.
Did they out and out state that this was to make up for a tax revenue deficit ? Refreshingly honest if they did.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Did they out and out state that this was to make up for a tax revenue deficit ? Refreshingly honest if they did.
Yes they did:

cut/paste:

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) ā€” Electric vehicle (EV) license plate renewal fees for owners in Illinois cost $251 a year, $100 more than a standard internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicle.

In 2019, the state legislature approved a $45 billion transportation bill that doubled the state gas tax to help pay for improvements to infrastructure.

But since electric vehicle owners donā€™t visit the gas pump, the state passed a law to put a $100 yearly tax on EVs, added on to the annual license plate renewal fee. That went into effect on July 1st, 2019.

There are 19 states with very similar special fees for EV

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Or could it be many of the people who post have jobs?

Plus, looking at the COVID stats, things seem to be moving right along... no huge spikes in deaths, ICU stays, etc. The vaccine is doing its job.

If you want to talk about ridiculous misinformation as if it were true non-sense, there is another thread for that. Lucky you!
You 4 don't have job's other than posting here.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Or perhaps the people in question were unable to follow the rules of the forum?

I find it unlikely that the mods would ban someone at the request of another member unless there were ample grounds for doing so.
RIGHT. only thread on the forum with this issue, because you 4 go crying to the mods.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
RIGHT. only thread on the forum with this issue, because you 4 go crying to the mods.
Only issue I see is you can't get banned from the thread. Bless your heart... you have been trying for months now. You can't even do this right! It has to be a struggle. Nothing is going right. So sad.... šŸ˜©

All jokes aside, I hope you find someone for your mental health issues. This might help: https://www.psychguides.com/guides/mental-health-hotline/

There is no shame in seeking help.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
3 out the 4 back to back, all in different locations, time zones.
Nothing to see here.
The thread is titled ā€œscience is now cancelled?ā€ not ā€œhereā€™s my pet conspiracy theory that makes some kind of sense if you allow your pattern-seeking monkey brain to take over your thought processesā€.

Are you deliberately posting ironically? If so, itā€™s actually pretty clever. šŸ‘šŸ‘
Sponsored