Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...5/the-dangers-rampant-fentanyl-misinformation

KEY POINTS
  • There exists rampant misinformation in both mainstream and social media about the overdose crisis and fentanyl.
  • Fentanyl misinformation can worsen health outcomes.
  • Social media users amplified factually untrue mainstream media articles to millions of users.
  • The use of critical thinking and fact checking can reduce misinformation spread.
Regardless of how people feel about fentanyl, it is a physical molecule that has been studied for many years and has predictable behaviors, and it does not pose a risk to people who arenā€™t doing drugs. If you arenā€™t ingesting drugs, then fentanyl cannot easily get into your systemā€”and more specifically, it does not easily cross the skin barrier on its own nor does it spontaneously aerosolize into the air.
Sponsored

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...5/the-dangers-rampant-fentanyl-misinformation

KEY POINTS
  • There exists rampant misinformation in both mainstream and social media about the overdose crisis and fentanyl.
  • Fentanyl misinformation can worsen health outcomes.
  • Social media users amplified factually untrue mainstream media articles to millions of users.
  • The use of critical thinking and fact checking can reduce misinformation spread.
Regardless of how people feel about fentanyl, it is a physical molecule that has been studied for many years and has predictable behaviors, and it does not pose a risk to people who arenā€™t doing drugs. If you arenā€™t ingesting drugs, then fentanyl cannot easily get into your systemā€”and more specifically, it does not easily cross the skin barrier on its own nor does it spontaneously aerosolize into the air.
dig-digging.gif

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not the only one who thinks fentanyl panic causes harm.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7492952/

Effective public health requires precision, but the domain of drug policy has long been a province of muddled communication. Even as COVID-19 has captured headlines, North America continues to experience worsening levels of drug-related overdose. Responses to this crisis have often lacked accuracy and conflate key terms and concepts. The very moniker ā€œopioid epidemicā€ obscures the crisisā€™ structural complexity behind a vector-based framing (Dasgupta, Beletsky, & Ciccarone, 2018).

One element of that complexity is the spread of health misinformation as both an outcomeā€”and a partial driverā€”of the crisis. With deaths involving illicitly-manufactured fentanyl (IMF) surging fivefold 2014-2017 (CDC, 2020), resultant fentanyl panic has spawned misinformation in mainstream and social media. This analysis focuses on the rumored risks of incidental exposure to fentanyl. Supposed consequences of casual tactile and respiratory contact with powder fentanyl have been purported to include shortness of breath, heart palpitations, fainting, and other sequelae; none of these symptoms is consistent with opioid toxicity (ACMT, 2017). Despite scientific consensus debunking such risk (ACMT, 2017), some government communiques (e.g. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)) have amplified rumors and continue to feature inaccurate information (DEA, 2016) (See Supplement 1, Fig. 2).

Fentanyl panic has real-world consequences. Professional responders and witnesses may delay overdose intervention to avoid perceived potential health risks to themselves (Nelson & Perrone, 2018). Inaccurate risk perception can contribute to unnecessary stress and other mental health issues. Misinformation can also engender counterproductive policies, including hyper-punitive responses, unnecessary expenditures, and pharmaceutical over-regulation (Dasgupta et al., 2018).

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly. Glad you are looking in the mirror.

Meanwhile in the real world, nothing to get "hysterical" about

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-are-soaring-and-black-teens-are-hit-hardest
You are arguing in circles again. I am saying that lying about it is not helpful and actually has the potential for harm. You just keep going on and on like I don't think fentanyl is dangerous or a huge concern for society. I don't get the logic.

You should stop now, you are embarrassing yourself.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It should just die. What we have learned over the last 2 years about following the science. Here is some things ā€œscienceā€ got wrong.

1. Herd immunity was the only way to stop Covid.
2. Cloth mask didnā€™t work very well (almost useless)
3. The lock down was useless.
4. The vaccine(bad name) only protected the person vaccinated.
5. Narrative (ā€œscienceā€) dissenters were stomped out like a spider at a pest control convention.
6. Most conspiracy theorist (non scientist) were proven correct. (Passports, mandates, lab leak, mask, with Covid Vs because of Covid, and vaccine side effects being much higher than published. https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/board-member-of-large-german-insurance?utm_source=url duck duck go if you donā€™t like the source. Google wonā€™t give you resultsā€¦protecting science I guess.)
8038A1C0-E979-4F19-BB47-2C24376A4CA7.png

7. ā€œScienceā€ is funded by the narrative driver for their purposes so yes it is completely and utterly dead.
Bonus not releasing vaccine data because it could be misleading(reads bad) All in the name of ā€œScienceā€
Wow. Justā€¦.WOW!

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Reads - If I call you crazy I don't have to examine the reality I live in. Good call.

Much easier than admitting you have been mislead.
Plenty of people have attempted to mislead me in many ways over many years. I know when Iā€™m being mislead.

Do you?

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
But yeah tinfoil over here. RIP Science.
lol, im guessing you already figured out that you get one of two party favors at the door to this thread; either a set of pro-vax pompomā€™s or a tinfoil hatā€¦there is no in between šŸ˜‚