Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Happy New Year to all!
I saw someone post it on Facebook and just figured I should share here as well.

Safety is the most important thing no matter what skill level. After watching Robert Mitchell's video last year on the pros and cons of different harnesses, I made the decision to look into getting a HANS device to better protect myself. Just placed another for mine with the intention to use with the Quickfit Pro until I can splurge on a full system (roll bar + seat + 6 point harness).

$250 shipped for SFI and FIA certified restraint device is not a bad deal.

Link to video

Link to Harness

https://www.schrothracing.com/item/shr-evo/devices
Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I am getting a new ARAI GP7 painted and am looking at doing a hans now. I will need to get a cage though. I have seen the rig you can wear, are those uncomfortable?
This would be my first time buying this so I have no idea. I saw that Simpson sells similar to what you are talking about. Best thing if possible is to swing by a race shop and test fit everything as though you are in the vehicle.

Hopefully someone can chime in

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
I have stock GT seats, Schroth QuickFit Pro 4 point, using Schroth Flex SHR HANS device, running HPDE.

I ran a couple of weekends without the Hans, but with the 4 point. Although I felt planted and was much better in touch with the car, I didn’t like the vulnerability, like the Video and many others show....

After buying the Hans, it took some time to adjust and feel comfortable. Once everything is tight and aligned, I really don’t notice the constraining feeling. Then once on an actual lap, even less so.

Like others, full race seats, 6 point bars and full harness are in the future, but If you have any questions fire away...
Sponsored