Sponsored

School me on how FORScan affects crossovers, EQ, sub, etc.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Posted this on the DIY forum as well - not sure which is better.

So modified the following line with FORScan to apparently disable the factory bass roll off processing: 727-01-02 00xx ( was 727-01-02 03xx before the change).

So, does that change affect only the bass roll-off or does it remove all factory EQ processing? Does it change the crossover points for the speakers? How does it affect the signal to the sub? Does this it affect the impedance for each channel from the factory amp?

I am considering keeping factory amp and upgrading all the speakers. (Already updated the sub to RF Punch). I tried new tweeters but the were way to harsh because the impedance was lower than stock - will this FORScan change help with that? Will a DSR1 with factory amp work better after the FORScan change?
Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Would like to know this as well. My near-future install will bypass the factory amp completely, taking the pre-out signal directly from the HU to a DSP in the trunk. I want as clean/neutral a signal as possible and wish to bypass any processing tomfoolery that that HU may be doing, especially on the front channels. I will be using the signal from the front channels only.

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@mikes2017gt howd you go with this? Iv'e just got a sub installed of the right rear deck speaker, did you change 727-01-02 to 00? notice a difference?

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
@josephstef I haven't gotten to it yet. Work and the house have kept me occupied. The goal is to get it done either Fri or over the weekend. That said, I do keep the fader to about 75% towards the front, so I'm not sure how much difference I'd hear anyway. I also am planning on removing my rear speakers as part of my upcoming install to create a pass-through for bass energy from the sub. So not sure I'm the best test case here due to changing many things at once.

I'll do the Forscan change first though as it's simplest. Assuming my OBD II adapter works. I bought the right one on Amazon but never tested it...been sitting in my toolbox for months. Yeah, I'm slow. Work and all that.

Last edited:

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Fair enough, I was going to give it ago this weekend as well, might beat you to it though being a day ahead of you in NZ :)

Sponsored

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What’s the deal? What happened?
Yep, my mids sound terrible now, but the sub sounds way better. Ive got the 9 speaker system so now looking at just upgrading the mid range door speaker although finding something that will work is a bit of a struggle.

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@Adams i've upgraded my door mid speakers and rear decks to cerwin vegas, they were pretty much drop in. Definitely worth it, is an easy upgrade and sounds soo much better now
Sponsored