Sponsored

SCCA F-Street Setup. What's Everyone Done so Far?

Areddi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Grabber Blue
Just ordered my 2016 GT PP. Should be here in August. Moving from an STX FR-S and planning to run the Stang in FS the end of this year and next season.

Not much appears to be available in the damper department yet. I emailed Koni and they said in development. Is anyone running anything aftermarket otherwise yet?

Has anyone found a wheel setup yet beyond the PP 19's? I am curious if 18's will clear the PP Brembos to try to save some on tire cost.
Sponsored

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just ordered my 2016 GT PP. Should be here in August. Moving from an STX FR-S and planning to run the Stang in FS the end of this year and next season.

Not much appears to be available in the damper department yet. I emailed Koni and they said in development. Is anyone running anything aftermarket otherwise yet?

Has anyone found a wheel setup yet beyond the PP 19's? I am curious if 18's will clear the PP Brembos to try to save some on tire cost.
It's the same thing for Bilstein as well...they are about 6 to 8 month out give or take. I too am trying to decide on what to run for dampers on my GT PP.

As far as wheels, you will see ours in a number of threads but I will re post here. We have 18" in our FF15 made specifically for the Mustang and made specifically to clear the GT PP 380mm 6POT Brembos. They are competitively priced with other top tier flow flormed wheels from Japan and Europe like BBS and Rays.

The 18x10 and 18x10.5 are only 21 lbs and 21.4 lbs.

You can see the clearance from a couple of these pics and I also included BMR's GT PP with the wheels on.

We also of course have 19" and 20" Mustang options as well.
BMR1.jpg
BMR2.jpg
IMG_3059.jpg
IMG_3060.jpg

destoups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Des
Vehicle(s)
Crimson red EB PP 10A
Areddi, I am just starting the process myself with an EB / PP -- just wheels and tires for now.

On 275/35/19 RE71s I'm at 57 mph in second.

Otherwise everything else has been a pleasant surprise.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
18" Forgestar CF5 will clear PP brakes up front (I'm running 18x11 in ESP trim) - but you don't want to run a 275/35R18 with that PP MT-82/3.73 combo, trust me! You'll need all the gearing help you can get, as Des already mentioned..

MCS is building me a set of internal doubles, but I doubt they'll offer an option with the OEM front perch. There is a Koni insert option that Chris Cox helped develop and Sam Strano can source. Other than that, nothing else FS-legal yet.

Wyld Stallyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svOYEAH
I plan to occasionally run my Eco PP in FS when my STX ride is being wrenched on. I ran if or the first time this weekend at Toledo Express. Bone stock on the Pzeros. I didn't feel that the Eco lacked power compared to the competition. It definitely needs shocks and maybe a front sway bar to help in the transitions.

Hopefully I will get some real tires soon and see how it does compared to the BMWs and Shelby GTs/5.0s

Sponsored

Wyld Stallyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svOYEAH
Areddi, I am just starting the process myself with an EB / PP -- just wheels and tires for now.

On 275/35/19 RE71s I'm at 57 mph in second.

Otherwise everything else has been a pleasant surprise.
275s on a 9 inch rim?:eyebulge:

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
275s on a 9 inch rim?:eyebulge:
i used to run a 275 A6 on a 6" rim back in my DS ITR days ;)
275 mounts up fine; been there, done that on my FS S197 5.0 w/ both ZII and RS3v2
... where it really gets interesting is a 285/35R20 street tire (non-hoosier) on a 20x9 for gearing :)

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
275 mounts up fine; been there, done that on my FS S197 5.0 w/ both ZII and RS3v2
... where it really gets interesting is a 285/35R20 street tire (non-hoosier) on a 20x9 for gearing :)
I've been thinking about the EB PP with an 18" setup - 275/35/18 RE71R. I know that kills 2nd gear but then 3rd would be good from 26-64 mph for the manual and is the peak power band of the 2.3T from 2000-5000. Those speeds are right in line with national solo course speeds for a class like this, right?

Lighter, cheaper wheels. More tire options. Lower CG.

I think Des could get his car down to low 3400 lbs or maybe into the high 3300 range, too.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
I've been thinking about the EB PP with an 18" setup - 275/35/18 RE71R. I know that kills 2nd gear but then 3rd would be good from 26-64 mph for the manual and is the peak power band of the 2.3T from 2000-5000. Those speeds are right in line with national solo course speeds for a class like this, right?

Lighter, cheaper wheels. More tire options. Lower CG.

I think Des could get his car down to low 3400 lbs or maybe into the high 3300 range, too.
hadn't thought of it like that, steve - you just might be onto something! assuming it has enough umph to launch in 2nd like my 5.0 does, it's a 1 shift proposition. des might just be crazy enough to try something like that, too. definitely gives us something to talk about this weekend @ PIR :)

Wyld Stallyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svOYEAH
Does the usable contact patch increases on such a large street tire? That's a lot more unsprung weight to carry with you if it doesn't. On my STX RX8 on a 9inch rim class rules allow up to a 265 but I ended up being fastest on a 245. Supposively, street tires do not like to be pinched and over tired the way the Hoosiers do. Having said that, mY STX car with double a arms and full suspension set up is completely different then a stock mustang and it's very possible I have no idea what I'm talking about :)

I plan to run 255 Bridgestones, but not sure on wheel size, as I want to prevent 3rd gear shifts if possible.

Sponsored

destoups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Des
Vehicle(s)
Crimson red EB PP 10A
hadn't thought of it like that, steve - you just might be onto something! assuming it has enough umph to launch in 2nd like my 5.0 does, it's a 1 shift proposition. des might just be crazy enough to try something like that, too. definitely gives us something to talk about this weekend @ PIR :)
If I hadn't just spent $$$$ on 19-inch OZs and two sets of RE71s I might be inclined to try it. Should have talked to you first, Steve!

I'm not comfortable enough in the car yet to shift to third under load, and that was a key factor in Packwood on Sunday -- I was half a second behind Bill Zerr in the M3 if you ignore the 3-run rule for Bill. (He paxed first by quite a bit; i was TO but would have been fourth.)

Did win the class in the Saturday Faux Solo, tho, with slightly faster 60 foots to boot.

But gearing is perfect for PIR!

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If I hadn't just spent $$$$ on 19-inch OZs and two sets of RE71s I might be inclined to try it. Should have talked to you first, Steve!

I'm not comfortable enough in the car yet to shift to third under load, and that was a key factor in Packwood on Sunday -- I was half a second behind Bill Zerr in the M3 if you ignore the 3-run rule for Bill. (He paxed first by quite a bit; i was TO but would have been fourth.)

Did win the class in the Saturday Faux Solo, tho, with slightly faster 60 foots to boot.

But gearing is perfect for PIR!
I'm sorry Des, lol. I've had this thought about an 18" setup on the EB PP for a while now but never posted it anywhere. After driving the 2015 for a few months I think that would be a really good setup for the Ecoboost.

Two weeks ago we added a Scroth Rally 4 harness to the car and that made a huge improvement in my ability to stay put in the seat and drive it with much looser hands and less tense. This weekend I plan to test a BMR rear swaybar. We should be at PIR for at least one of the days and I'd really like to check out your car as what you got is pretty much the Mustang configuration that'd I'd want for myself right now.

jdub.csu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I'll be taking mine out to an autox event later this month but fear that gearing in 2nd will be annoying since we often hit 60mph on the course at PPIR. Front range events I won't have an issue though just at the PPIR events. Has anyone tried just running 3rd and leaving the line in second in a GTPP?

OP
OP

Areddi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Grabber Blue
MCS is building me a set of internal doubles, but I doubt they'll offer an option with the OEM front perch. There is a Koni insert option that Chris Cox helped develop and Sam Strano can source. Other than that, nothing else FS-legal yet.
Yeah I emailed Strano and he said he had something that has been competitive so far. He "local" to me over here in the MD area since he's up in PA. I am probably going to go with what he suggests unless something else spectacular comes to market that's FS legal.

I appreciate the replies. I'll look into the wheel options. 18's are much more forgiving on the wallet than 19's