Sponsored

SCCA F-Street Setup. What's Everyone Done so Far?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

AlfaFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Please. I’m trying to foster good competition at NER.

Also, my yoko wear prediction seems true. Sitting at my desk right now gathering the courage to flip the yokos After ~7 events with a relatively harmless dual driver.

7F92556F-2804-443E-A5C6-CCF0A35B770C.jpeg
Hey be nice to your old Man, I'm no spring chicken either.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Just ordered a Mach 1 w/handling package. Does anyone know if there are currently any proposals or a chance to reclass it from BS to FS? I didn't buy it for autocross, but curious if it might get classed in a more appropriate class.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Just ordered a Mach 1 w/handling package. Does anyone know if there are currently any proposals or a chance to reclass it from BS to FS? I didn't buy it for autocross, but curious if it might get classed in a more appropriate class.
Yes, there is with a high likehood (my opinion) of it happening. If that happens, GT350s and 1/LEs will be dropped as well.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I live my life assuming the SS 1LE, Mach 1, and some GT350 will come to FS and bury me further any day now.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I live my life assuming the SS 1LE, Mach 1, and some GT350 will come to FS and bury me further any day now.
I feel like most CAM-C cars are Street or STU cars which are uncompetitive in their class.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Day has come, E92 BMWs in F Street have been dealt with just not the way everyone wanted.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I got like a 2 year warning on this. I suppose I’m ok with it. I wonder if I will get off my butt and make an equally uncompetitive CAM car.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I got like a 2 year warning on this. I suppose I’m ok with it. I wonder if I will get off my butt and make an equally uncompetitive CAM car.
My experience in CAM-C is that all the Mustangs (S550 & S197) kind of group together, so I'm sure you can be competitive in that regard. Hot Rod Camaros are really fast, though, & they might be a different story if there are some around with quick drivers.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
uncompetitive CAM cars are so much fun. Also, with clever home depoting and a spare truck lid, you can almost aero your way to competitiveness. At lease you could before they moved the SS 1LE to FS, now that car is probably going to win all the calculator races.

honestly I’m glad to see the faster pony cars in FS, its not like the regular GT was going to un-dig its grave any time soon.

Sponsored

AlfaFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Perhaps I'm missing something here but aren't they making the most commonly sold sports car obsolete in AX and favoring the Mustang variants that are much less common?

Anyways, this is a recommended item at this point shouldn't we all click the link below and let them know?

The following subjects will be referred to the Board of Directors for approval. Address all comments, both for and against, to the Solo Events Board. Member input is suggested and encouraged. Please send your comments via the form at www.soloeventsboard.com

www.soloeventsboard.com

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Perhaps I'm missing something here but aren't they making the most commonly sold sports car obsolete in AX and favoring the Mustang variants that are much less common?
Not missing anything. Beside that GT350 is out of production and only '19-'20 models really matter to there is not that many of them to begin with. GT PP2 - no longer produced. Camaro - about to be no longer produced and arguably it's cheaper only because no one really wanted to buy it outside enthusiasts. I

Anyways, this is a recommended item at this point shouldn't we all click the link below and let them know?
It's a done deal. This has been going on for two years. Your letter won't even get read before it's approved and the only reasonable answer they can give you is "TYFYI".

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
uncompetitive CAM cars are so much fun.
This, 100%. The rules package is perfect. Make all the power you want, do all the chassis stuff you want, no advanced aero & 200TW tires.

If you can't have fun with that combo, you need to find a new hobby.

BlueHPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP/HP 6MT, 03 Boxster S, 97 M3
Not missing anything. Beside that GT350 is out of production and only '19-'20 models really matter to there is not that many of them to begin with. GT PP2 - no longer produced. Camaro - about to be no longer produced and arguably it's cheaper only because no one really wanted to buy it outside enthusiasts. I

It's a done deal. This has been going on for two years. Your letter won't even get read before it's approved and the only reasonable answer they can give you is "TYFYI".
What is funny about the move of the GT350 and the 1LE is that the Pax will be lower for them than DS, where the ecoboost resides, and the Type R rules. Ecoboost faster than gt350 in an autocross? The stock classification committee has an impossible task pleasing everyone. Any change will bring winners and losers.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
What is funny about the move of the GT350 and the 1LE is that the Pax will be lower for them than DS, where the ecoboost resides, and the Type R rules. Ecoboost faster than gt350 in an autocross? The stock classification committee has an impossible task pleasing everyone. Any change will bring winners and losers.
I think the assumption is that the FS pax will change soon, but IDK.
Sponsored