Sponsored

SCCA F-Street Setup. What's Everyone Done so Far?

unknown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
It occasionally happens on all four corners, but most pronounced from front-left.
Long story short: replaced 2 (front left, rear right) out of 4 shocks by warranty, both were accepted by Koni. I've enjoyed about two weeks of silent work of suspension, until front-right started to knock and then soon after that rattle. I decided to stop throwing good money after bad and paid to replace Koni to something else. Service told me the front-right strut has "disassembled itself" and they had a hard time removing the assembly… quote from the report "Koni front strut came apart, has to compress spring in car to remove" and mentioned that the front-left (replaced about a month prior) has started to show signs of wear.

Performance-wise yellow Koni were alright, price-wise were also okay. Reliability-wise were terrible. I cannot recommend Koni based on my experience. Truth is, if I would read this post myself, I wouldn't believe it. But reality is that I've spent too much time and money on making Yellow Koni work for me, and ultimately I failed. I don't blame Koni, but I am seriously disappointed in their product.
Sponsored