Sponsored

SCCA Autox: GT350 to B Street This Year?

JiminVirginia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Shelby GT350. No stripes.
I was scanning the classification rules, and SCCA seems to have put the Shelby GT350 (non-R) in B Street, down from A Street, for 2019. The car would be way more competitive in B Street.

But the entry is in italics. Wondered if that means the decision is not final. Anyone know?

(The GT350 R is still in Super Street.)

Jim
Sponsored

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
I believe that the current posted rule book is still in draft status. The GT350, among a few other cars, is a new and very recent change - that is why it is in italics. When the final version of the 2019 rules is released, you will see the GT350 listed normally.

OP
OP
JiminVirginia

JiminVirginia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe that the current posted rule book is still in draft status. The GT350, among a few other cars, is a new and very recent change - that is why it is in italics. When the final version of the 2019 rules is released, you will see the GT350 listed normally.
Yes, that's my interpretation. I've written the SCCA folks involved, asking when the move will be official. When I get a response, I'll post it.

In my case, I would very much like to run my Shelby in B Street, where I think it would be competitive. I'd need to pick up an extra set of wheels and some RE71Rs.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Looking forward to hearing this go official.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JiminVirginia

JiminVirginia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got this reply, which I think removes all doubt. Cheers.

Hi, Jim,

The draft of the 2019 Solo Rules has all the new rules in it; it’s still a draft because it needs more work on formatting and things for printing as a book.

The Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 is classed in BS (B Street class) for 2019.

Hope this helps.

-Doug

Doug Gill
SCCA Solo Competition Manager
Sponsored