Sponsored

Saw Black with 20's and a Few Other Things

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Stopped by my local dealer Ford of Pompano Beach FL to check on the status of our Ingot GT Prem and there was a Black Ecoboost with 20's. This was the first time we got to see the 20's in person. I also very carefully scrutinized the cars fit and finish. Btw, our build sheet will be ready early next week and following the trail begins; he estimated 6/7 weeks. The Sales Mgr Jeff Suppo has been great so far and is personally handling our transaction. He loved my wife GS Fsport and said it looked brand new (and it does).

1) The 20's are stunning and pictures (at least mine lol) don't do them justice.

2) The tires are ZR rated 265/35's (99Y) summer P Zeros

3) The wheels are certainly not black, not even the insets are black. The lighting for this particular pic was in the shade so they look much darker than what they are. Ford should never rep'd these as black.

4) The 20's make the car look more expensive than it really is.

5) The panel fit was spot on :thumbsup:

6) The paint had quite a bit of orange peel, perhaps maybe a bit too much even for a Ford but the car was black so maybe not.

7) This car is made for black....Henry would be happy.

8) We also saw a deep impact blue in the sun and although quite nice, it didn't look anywhere's near as good as in pics. In my opinion, you want a car to look better in the flesh than in pics. I think the Barrett Jackson lighting spoiled us.

We also inquired about a 50th LE. The mgr said Ford built 4 extra cars beyond the 1964 in the event a car is damaged during production. He said if all goes well the additional 4 cars will be for display purposes only or something to that effect.

I asked about the rumored HP increase and he truthfully said he could not confirm this.

I have more pics but can only upload 1 , avg file size 150kb
image.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
There's another thread around here on the LE and something is being tossed around on special/different engine parts or #'s...so have no idea if it's true but would be nice.

Btw, the mgr said the LE's are going for$10k over sticker...no new news there.

klousgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT Black
3) The wheels are certainly not black, not even the insets are black. The lighting for this particular pic was in the shade so they look much darker than what they are. Ford should never rep'd these as black.

Where has Ford every called these black? The order guide calls them "Bright Machined Aluminum wheels" the word bright implies the opposite of black.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
20's look good but 19's are as big as I want to go. I still want some tire to absorb the road.

Sponsored

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score

Where has Ford every called these black? The order guide calls them "Bright Machined Aluminum wheels" the word bright implies the opposite of black.
The dealers order guide lists them as black...

"The all-new 2015 Ford Mustang hits the pavement running ..... Start System. 18" Foundry Black-painted aluminum wheels 20" x 9" Foundry Black-painted machined aluminum wheels"

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I REALLY like those wheels... I've always been a chrome-only guy when it comes to wheels, but those are really nice...

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
20's look good but 19's are as big as I want to go. I still want some tire to absorb the road.
I would like to hear from those that have driven both back to back

Brianm0121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB GT Premium
I would like to hear from those that have driven both back to back
I test drove a red GT premium with PP 19" and the car I ended up buying is DIB GT premium with the 20". I personally can't see much of a difference and think the 20" rides smooth enough. I'm also coming from a 350z with 18" wheels so that thing is probably a lot rougher in general. However it had 18" versus the 20" I have now.

Sponsored
OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
I test drove a red GT premium with PP 19" and the car I ended up buying is DIB GT premium with the 20". I personally can't see much of a difference and think the 20" rides smooth enough. I'm also coming from a 350z with 18" wheels so that thing is probably a lot rougher in general. However it had 18" versus the 20" I have now.
Nice, glad to hear this. Thnx!

We ordered the 3:55 as well!