jvandy50

H3249
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
10 JKU, 18 ZL1-1LE
His videos are so good I’ll watch them about cars I don’t even care about.

Never seen him this positive, must be a hell of a ride!

Advertisement

OP
Skwibbs

Skwibbs

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Sometimes my friends and family "catch" me watching videos on cars I already own/have owned. They insinuate it's akin to a masturbatory experience.

Sometimes there's just a brake recall, bad weather, ceramic/ppf curing, etc. and you can't be driving like you want to be.

RPDBlueMoon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition
I thought he made a good point about the transmission. I can hear the difference between the TREMEC and the ZF ones used in the AMGs. I was watching a video and I believe the commentators said something similar. The AMGs make a distinct sound when it upshifts its like a weird farting sound, it sounds abrupt so I can see why they say it hard shifts. I believe thats because its the ZF? But a friend of mine has a GT500 and when I heard him drive it the shifting was really smooth and didn't make that distinct sound.

It could be a DCT vs Torque converter thing but I don't really know.

Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper, '20 GT500
I thought he made a good point about the transmission. I can hear the difference between the TREMEC and the ZF ones used in the AMGs. I was watching a video and I believe the commentators said something similar. The AMGs make a distinct sound when it upshifts its like a weird farting sound, it sounds abrupt so I can see why they say it hard shifts. I believe thats because its the ZF? But a friend of mine has a GT500 and when I heard him drive it the shifting was really smooth and didn't make that distinct sound.

It could be a DCT vs Torque converter thing but I don't really know.
The Tremec makes a small pop too on upshifts but not every time. Dependent on the mode, traction and other variables. Overall it's very smooth.

RPDBlueMoon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition
The Tremec makes a small pop too on upshifts but not every time. Dependent on the mode, traction and other variables. Overall it's very smooth.
Nice, the GT350 does that too. I've never heard one of the new AMGs pop on upshifts, its only on downshifts.

Advertisement

46 - Roush Performance - 1

Advertisement