Sponsored

SATURDAY 9/11/19 10:00-12:00 - Yorkshire / North Lincs

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Simply Mustangs UK would like to invite you to their monthly meeting on Saturday 9th November at the same venue as normal - The Waterwheel, Barn Hill Farm, Howden, Goole DN14 7JP.

Anyone who attended last month would have noticed yet another change in staff / set-up; the latest news is that the venue is now up for sale and was advertised in the 16th October issue of Classic Car Weekly. The full page advertisement does not mention price but says "would suit Petrol Head Master Chef"; as usual we will monitor the situation.

Looking forward to seeing everyone for the Mustang related chatter.
Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
I still say move the meet to the Motorist Hub :bandit:

That place is going to be massive next summer once the proper restaurant ant the rest of the car park opens and there’s plenty of car clubs already on their diary’s for monthly meets. Get in early as this is the next Caffeine and Machine but the northern version (more flat caps and whippets etc).

OP
OP

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
I still say move the meet to the Motorist Hub :bandit:

That place is going to be massive next summer once the proper restaurant ant the rest of the car park opens and there’s plenty of car clubs already on their diary’s for monthly meets. Get in early as this is the next Caffeine and Machine but the northern version (more flat caps and whippets etc).
As you say they have plans, which have been passed, to provide lots more facilities including cafe and improved parkng. They have a work schedule in place to try and complete the work over the winter months during which time there will be no meets on a Saturday. In addition, it is still not decided whether Saturday car meets will be re-introduced next year; Simply Mustangs are keeping communication open with The Motorist.

Sponsored

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
as Peter has already said - "communication is open with the Motorist Hub" - I have had recent telephone conversation with Simon (the owner) and the place is being extensively expanded over the winter - he isnt sure yet about which day they will be open for car clubs / meetings etc

I am due to have another conversation with him next month - so please bear with us!

Meanwhile we meet as usual at the Waterwheel and enjoy each others Mustangs and company!!

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
working this weekend have fun guys

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Cars and coffee is on at the Motorist tomorrow too so I’m gonna come to Waterwheel for a couple of hours then head over there if anyone else fancies it.

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
Fab pics Adam. Couldn't make it myself, so always nice to see others had a good meeting.

Me n Ang had a ride out to The Motorist Hub at Serburn in Elmett yesterday, first time there. It's actually quite good. Food was limited to bacon or sausage n bacon but to be fair was okay, ÂŁ5 is pricey but they have to make money I suppose or no point in being open. The venue is probably gonna be a better place than the Waterwheel or whatever name its using each month.

I know there has been a debate going on about this all year. Should we move or stay? Pros n cons to both places.

Could I suggest an idea. We could try both places this coming summer. How about keeping the Waterwheel on the 2nd Sat as is. Maybe start a new meet at The Motorist Hub, perhaps on first or last Sunday, it may even be an idea to try a lunchtime or afternoon or evening meeting. That way if it does not take off we can always revert back to Howden. Personally I think there could be enough interest for two meetings a month in the Summer for certain.

Thoughts and opinions anyone.
Sponsored