Sponsored

SATURDAY 08/06/19 10:00-13:00 - Yorkshire / North Lincs

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Simply Mustangs UK would like to invite you to their monthly meeting on Saturday 8th June at the same venue as normal - The Royal Elephant @ The Waterwheel, Barn Hill Farm, Howden, Goole DN14 7JP.

The new management at the venue are settling in and have made some changes to their original menus, prices and opening times. At the moment their revised opening times are 09:30 until 17:00 with buffet breakfast until 11:00. Following their general Facebook post on the 14th May regarding the change to opening times and the price for breakfast they have increased the buffet breakfast price to £8.95. I'm trying unsuccessfully, at the moment, to confirm the current situation but will update things as they become clear,

As usual, thank you for your patience, Peter
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
so

* reduce price breakfast buffet
* success people buy it
* increase price of breakfast buffet as come on we're onto a money spinner here
* people stop buying breakfast.

OP
OP

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Think it's more think of a price to attract people but don't get as many of you hoped. Apparently, they have upset some of the locals by doing a leaflet drop advertising they were open 'til 7 and then changing the time to 5 - result people going for carvery after work find the place closed.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
didnt they reduce the price of the breakfast buffet (and include coffee / tea) after last month?

I thought they reacted favourably to our feedback on costs etc?

either way - I am afraid I will have to miss the first Howden meet since March 2018 - apparently Croatia is very attractive at this time of year!

Bob

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
it is a pretty country but not sure its prettier than a carpark full of mustangs

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Carvery is £6.25 (have I got that right??) which is reasonable...breakfast is £2.70 more but comes with a free 10p teabag and hot water :)

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Oh and I don't have a car so I'm thinking of adapting my Vauxhall Astra. Hope it'll be welcome :)

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i turned up in a dirty diesel jeep :) everyones allowed a moment of insanity

OP
OP

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Carvery is £6.25 (have I got that right??) which is reasonable...breakfast is £2.70 more but comes with a free 10p teabag and hot water :)
Not sure on anything these days; they seem to change prices and opening times rather quickly but I'm sure it will settle down eventually.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Howden Update - as of Wednesday evening the Royal Elephant parted company with the Waterwheel. Andy and Gillian at the Waterwheel have been busy making sure that our meet can go ahead on Saturday they have managed to arrange a buffet breakfast with toast and coffee/tea for £8:50.

The weather is not looking brilliant, may even be a rare 'roof-up' day, but I'm sure we will still have a good turnout

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
what a surprise grumpy scottish twat upsets company renting his place, puts on a £2 breakfast for £8.50.

he's in his own world.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
You better pack up and move on promptly as I understand another car group is attending @ 1.30pm ....

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
@hinch can’t you just buy the place and turn it into a Caffeine and Machine type place for us northerners? With all you can eat brekkie for a fiver?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i most certainly would if he'd sell it to me but he won't it'd actually be the ideal place too barn out back for all my cars etc
Sponsored