Sponsored

Satisfied with BMR Lowering Springs (SP080) and stock PP struts/dampers?

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
I bought BMR lowering springs (SP080), and was planning to stick with the stock PP struts and dampers, but now I'm second-guessing myself. The car is just a daily driver - I might do one HPDE just to get a little instruction but I don't plan on doing a bunch of track days.

Part of me says the stock dampers will be fine, but part of me says if I'm doing the work I might as well upgrade those too. I could get something like the FRPP struts and dampers, as they seem reasonably priced(hope they are matched well to the springs). I could hold out for the Konis (loved them on my VW), but that means doing the work twice.

I'm really leaning towards just installing the springs with stock struts/dampers, and waiting a couple years and then adding the Konis.

I just don't know if I'll be happy with the stock struts and dampers, which is the main question. How do you like yours? If you tried this combo and then upgraded struts and dampers, what was the difference?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Kelly from BMR has stated that they were designed to be paired with the stock dampers, but would of course be even better with something like Koni sports.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have the handling springs with stock shocks and struts. It does very well, much better than I thought it would. I plan on getting koni in winter 16/17.

I do autocross almost weekly and plan on doing a hpde as well. It's not perfect, but more than enough for the short time period I plan on running them. Performance springs are lower rates too.

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
handling springs and stock pp dampers here. it does very well. I forgot to cut the bump stops though

OP
OP

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
Thanks for the replies. I think I feel a little more comfortable now about just sticking with the stock dampers until they need replacing and upgrading at that time.

Sponsored

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I believe Kelly has stated that he matched the Performance Springs rates to those of the PP springs...Which is why I ordered them.

Butter77

Ha....You said Member...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
This is the same question I put to Kelly. His response was that the SP080 paired very well with the Stock PP struts/shocks. Also went on to say that a package of the SP080, Sway bars, and stock PP stuff gave about as much confidence in handling as the SP083 handling springs with a set of aftermarket struts/shocks. I'm going the SP080, bars, and stock package for now, maybe the FRPP stuff thrown on top for kicks and giggles later on.
Sponsored