Satellite Radio Service in the V6

trublie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT500, 2015 Ruby Red Mustang V-6
Since the accessory kit for Sirius Satellite Radio is still unavailable from Ford, I installed a portable, onyX Plus, unit with magnetic antenna. It took about an hour and I used the media input connector located in the center console. I am getting great digital satellite sound through my vehicle speakers while I wait for the fully integrated kit from Ford. Right now, SiriusXM is offering the portable radio and automobile installation kit for only $49 with rebate, www.xm-radio-satellite.com.
Sponsored

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
When you talk about a "fully integrated kit from Ford", do you mean a kit that is essentially like the factory satellite radio (e.g., the receiver behind the dash or otherwise hidden and using controls on the centerstack)? Has Ford offered these kits before?

I have a portable unit in my current car. I works well, as you said. My only complaint is the rat's nest of wires that always seem to get in the way no matter how neatly I try to arrange them.

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
:shocked: Wait a minute! You got your car. Where is the review? Did I miss it somewhere?

OK, I see you posted a few pictures in other parts of the forum. Post some here in the V6 section. Give us some driving impressions. Come on man ...

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you talk about a "fully integrated kit from Ford", do you mean a kit that is essentially like the factory satellite radio (e.g., the receiver behind the dash or otherwise hidden and using controls on the centerstack)? Has Ford offered these kits before?
^ What he asked.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
My Ford Dealership said that the compete integrated Sirius Satellite Radio Module installed internally including the antenna with labor is $500. Unless you want to pay extra and have the small shark fin nub painted by the Auto Body department the same exterior color as the Car, you`ll have to live with an ugly matte black antenna. I`ll pass.

Sponsored

OP
OP
trublie

trublie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)

I have a portable unit in my current car. I works well, as you said. My only complaint is the rat's nest of wires that always seem to get in the way no matter how neatly I try to arrange them.
My dealer indicates that an integrated kit with concealed receiver is in the works from Ford. If it is like the kit put on my 2008 F-250 aftermarket through a dealer, it will function like the factory radio.

I know what you mean about the wires. I am going to try and clean it up with some narrow gauge wire looms. I mounted the antenna on the deck lid like recommended for the convertible. The windshield and rear window do not have the old type rubber gasket you can pry up and push under the antenna wire. I used the fold-down rear seats as an access point to the trunk. There is a small weep hole in the center of the trunk gasket that admits the receiver end. I keep the receiver and charge wire in the center console, completely out of sight. I just have to remember to turn the unit off.

Hope this helps, I will post if and when my salesman and manager let me know about the factory kit. I asked about a time frame and they thought weeks and not months for the part availability.

OP
OP
trublie

trublie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
My Ford Dealership said that the compete integrated Sirius Satellite Radio Module installed internally including the antenna with labor is $500. Unless you want to pay extra and have the small shark fin nub painted by the Auto Body department the same exterior color as the Car, you`ll have to live with an ugly matte black antenna. I`ll pass.
Good information, did they indicate when it would be available? I put the magnetic antenna on the deck-lid using the portable unit and it is very small, black and barely visible. It really doesn't bother me at all.

OP
OP
trublie

trublie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
:shocked: Wait a minute! You got your car. Where is the review? Did I miss it somewhere?

OK, I see you posted a few pictures in other parts of the forum. Post some here in the V6 section. Give us some driving impressions. Come on man ...
66coupe, the car runs so smooth it feels like butter. It is granite-solid and hangs on to curves better than a Porsche 911. The attached pictures will speak for themselves about beauty. I will get some more pictures as soon as the weather clears. Thanks for asking.
Art's 2015 Mustang - CECE.jpg
CECE - 2015 Mustang.jpg

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
66coupe, the car runs so smooth it feels like butter. It is granite-solid and hangs on to curves better than a Porsche 911. The attached pictures will speak for themselves about beauty. I will get some more pictures as soon as the weather clears. Thanks for asking.
Thanks. Great to hear. Keep us updated on your impressions as you spend more time with it.

And it looks fantastic.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good information, did they indicate when it would be available? I put the magnetic antenna on the deck-lid using the portable unit and it is very small, black and barely visible. It really doesn't bother me at all.
On the Convertible, the add on Sirius Antenna would be mounted on the rear trunk deck. Having a "Black" plastic hunk of (coal) sitting atop and not matching the exterior paint color is Not acceptable, period! I`ll have to live without Sirius for the first time in many years, thanks Ford! Guess it would match the Ebony Black cloth interior since the lighter color Ceramic cloth interior is not available on either the Base V6 Coupe/Fastback or Convertible.

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucky you got the Goodyear F1 A/S Performance Tires instead of the Pirelli`s that most 18`` Wheels are now getting along with (all) 19`` and 20`` Wheels.

OP
OP
trublie

trublie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
I took the V6 automatic on her maiden voyage today. With 150 miles on the speedo, I went 90 miles over hilly terrain on a four lane highway. The temperature was 33 degrees. I kept it on cruise control at 65 mph most of the way except when I went through small towns and stoplights. My average MPG was 30.9 with regular gas with 10% ethanol using the trip computer. I will do a manual run after 1,000 miles. It was better than I expected based on other postings, and Ford's EPA estimate.
I will post more detailed photos soon.
Sponsored