Satellite Radio freezing after restart

B-Mitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hey guys, I remember reading a thread where people were complaining that their Sat radio freezes after restarting the car after a short amount of time (like after fueling up), and I didn't really pay attention to what the outcome was, because I wasn't having that issue. Well.... It happens all the time now. If I shut the car off, run in the store, and re-start it a minute or two later, the Sat radio won't start playing again. Usually the screen is frozen on the last song played. I can switch it to regular radio or to Bluetooth, and it works fine, but if I switch back to sat radio it's still frozen. It won't fix itself until I shut the car off for a bit. It seems like everything else works fine, except for the sat radio. Does anyone have this issue? Have you had it fixed, or is it a glitch that hasn't been fixed in sync yet?

Thanks for any info.
Sponsored

t-zoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1
This happens with my car. I haven’t had it looked at yet. I usually find myself cursing the same way as when my seat doesn’t return to the driving position after starting the car.

nm_mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
I'm experiencing the same issue. What works for me is to perform a Sync soft reboot. Press and hold the Seek Up (>>I) while pressing and holding the power button for approximately 5 seconds. Sync will reboot and Sirius will work again. From everything I've read this is bug in the new Sync update software 21020. Hopefully a new update will get pushed soon.

OP
OP
B-Mitch

B-Mitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Thanks man... I'll give that a shot!

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I'm having it too. Thanks for the work-around.

Sponsored

t-zoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1
I'm experiencing the same issue. What works for me is to perform a Sync soft reboot. Press and hold the Seek Up (>>I) while pressing and holding the power button for approximately 5 seconds. Sync will reboot and Sirius will work again. From everything I've read this is bug in the new Sync update software 21020. Hopefully a new update will get pushed soon.
System froze today and I did the reboot. Worked great.

OP
OP
B-Mitch

B-Mitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I got to try it today, and it worked perfectly... Thank you

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Make sure you're using the most recent SYNC software version if you have not already. You can also do a Master Reset with SYNC, but in doing so it will clear all settings and stored data (ie: pairing of phone etc).

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I have automatic updates turned on and a good wi-fi signal in the garage. Occasionally I will check for system updates. Last week it started downloading a file. Then I saw messages for SiriusXM updating on the top of the screen. I can't verify if this update fixes your issue because I am not a subscriber. Just thought I would let you know there is an update available for download.

beltonr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Hyundai Palisade Ltd
Thanks, guys. Have had my 2021 GT Premium for one month. Have had SiriusXM quit three times. Eventually it has "magically returned." Was about to go to the dealer but searched the forums first and here it is! I will try this next time it happens and expect this will be the immediate fix. Also just connected WiFi in the garage so I should catch any updates that may fix this.

Sponsored

balzmcfearson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT A10
Does the new update fix this? I’ve been dealing with this since I drove off the lot in may but it Hasn’t happened recently that I can remember.

adamscotthi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Thanks for this information. They pay for expositions online when they need to ensure their articles are impeccable. As such, on the off chance that your last grade relies on how well you do on this specific task, you need to ensure that you don't convince your instructor to bring down your grade. More about you can read here https://www.laweekly.com/pay-for-essays-top-5-sites-reviews/. These developers provide valuable assistance by helping the new app developers get started. They also regularly update the documentation provided by the Android SDK. Android ecosystem also provides several conferences and seminars which help app developers to expand their knowledge about mobile app development. Android enthusiasts are also active on social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter and Google+. You can easily find many experts in this field through these social media sites.
Thanks a lot for help!
Sponsored