Sponsored

San Diego, Temecula, Orange Area (Corona, Riverside, LA & Imperial County)!

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
My buds are going to an event in 2 weeks. They’re fast and have been open road course racing for years. If they show up in ZL1, look out!!!
lol, didn’t matter for me…picked up a side trip out to Utah for the weekend 😉
Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
My buds are going to an event in 2 weeks. They’re fast and have been open road course racing for years. If they show up in ZL1, look out!!!
Which ones? I was a few cars behind the White ZL1 1LE that crashed into the ACS Turn 4 wall on the out lap, and the Shock Yellow ZLE 1LE caught fire and burned down to the ground at Willow just a few weeks after I did (and semi-pleaded to him and his friends on social media that catching fire sucks and maybe $50 could save your car). There's a grey/white/yellow camo-wrapped one that I see occasionally out as well.

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Which ones? I was a few cars behind the White ZL1 1LE that crashed into the ACS Turn 4 wall on the out lap, and the Shock Yellow ZLE 1LE caught fire and burned down to the ground at Willow just a few weeks after I did (and semi-pleaded to him and his friends on social media that catching fire sucks and maybe $50 could save your car). There's a grey/white/yellow camo-wrapped one that I see occasionally out as well.
The event hasn’t happened yet. It West Coast Racing (website). The next event is Oct 2 or 3.
They have a few cars, but I don’t recall a yellow camo-wrapped one. There’s a bright green one with a wicked interior, and a regular ZLE. These guys owned all types of race cars and have told me the ZLE wasabi better car than their “350R”. I think they were referring to durability…???…I dunno…lmao

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Btw… the reason I’m upset about the long block issue was because I told the builder I wanted to be the 1st to put down between 1500 - 1800 rwhp on a street car. With a built manual 6 spd trans. Looks like I’m still waiting …a 10 week build is taking over 7 months to complete.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The event hasn’t happened yet. It West Coast Racing (website). The next event is Oct 2 or 3.
They have a few cars, but I don’t recall a yellow camo-wrapped one. There’s a bright green one with a wicked interior, and a regular ZLE. These guys owned all types of race cars and have told me the ZLE wasabi better car than their “350R”. I think they were referring to durability…???…I dunno…lmao
No, sadly, the Camaro 1LE (non-ZL1/supercharged) is on par, and perhaps slightly better than a GT350R, factory to factory, as those Goodyear Supercup 3R tires are incredible. It's a fun way to take names and kick ass, but once you're off the track, the fun kinda goes away, bang/buck champion right there. The ZL1 adds another 200hp and gives it about 125more hp than the GT350R, and just puts it out of reach by that point. Add in some neat features like the Performance Data Recorder, and you've got the best pony car there is. It'll come at a price though, but I figure somebody who can afford a GT350R can afford a similarly priced Camaro.

Btw… the reason I’m upset about the long block issue was because I told the builder I wanted to be the 1st to put down between 1500 - 1800 rwhp on a street car. With a built manual 6 spd trans. Looks like I’m still waiting …a 10 week build is taking over 7 months to complete.
That's a pretty tall order, nearly 3x what it started with. Curious about the parts and choices, as a streetable turbo setup would differ from a drag, and even moreso from a track. What type of Turbo A/R and size planned?

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
You might make 1500-1800 HP, but good luck getting that to hook up on the street.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Looking sharp!

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If anybody is bored, I'm looking to do some wiring this weekend, maybe even toss the motor back in. Lesson learned, don't set your car on fire, it's such a pain even trying to figure out what parts you need, and even harder using the systems that Ford themselves need to order your parts. Now that it's over, and the Covid/production delays are done, I hope I got everything I needed, because with 2 weeks to go to the event, heh, would hate to find out something was missed.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody have any interest in Auto Club Speedway with Speed Ventures? December 4 and 5, should be cool and times should be fast. For those more adventurous, we'll be concluding the first season of the Super GT Cup with OnGrid at Buttonwillow on Dec 12th. If you're not ready for a Time Attack, there's plenty of hpde run groups as well.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Anybody have any interest in Auto Club Speedway with Speed Ventures? December 4 and 5, should be cool and times should be fast. For those more adventurous, we'll be concluding the first season of the Super GT Cup with OnGrid at Buttonwillow on Dec 12th. If you're not ready for a Time Attack, there's plenty of hpde run groups as well.
Sounds interesting

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
7E2D4F3A-0125-4412-B1C7-71A4334C8BCB.jpeg

Today a bunch of guys from SD drove up to south Orange County for cars n coffee. Everything you could imagine is here…

RPG motor is on the final stages of being built, soooo……

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Will sent this pic to me awhile ago. Didn’t know I had it. Must be a sign of good things to come.

Gen3, 3.7, sleeved
FEEF288B-5D4F-4234-B84E-11ED4431E0E1.png

Last edited:

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Will sent this pic to me awhile ago. Didn’t know I had it. Must be a sign of good things to come.

Gen3, 3.7, sleeved
1638062634733.png

Talking about something, I'm getting some cage touchup work at Autopower this week, and should be up at Auto Club Speedway this upcoming Sunday with a handful of other Mustangs. Feel free to come on by (I think the track charges like $10 entry fee) and hang out with a bunch of us and get some setup ideas and meet some other fellow Mustang (and non-Mustang) track rats. We've got a handful of garages, so if any of you do make it up, I tend to be directly across from the main registration area. If I'm on the track (trust me, you'll hear me) then I'm usually in the middle by my cop truck.

Nascar and the county have thankfully relaxed their covid stance, as you can now spectate from the seats overlooking the straightaway, and have passengers/ride-alongs, so if you want some pointers or whatnot, lemme know. I don't have a passenger seat, and even if we swapped in your seat, I don't yet have a harness to toss on, although I guess I could steal one from my Camaro if somebody really wanted to be scared half to death.
Sponsored