Sponsored

San Diego, Temecula, Orange Area (Corona, Riverside, LA & Imperial County)!

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to pull my motor today, if anybody in/around North County (San Marcos) wants to stop by to talk, watch, or wrench, send me a PM for addy.
Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
GL with that. What kind of facilities do you have for that job?
And how did it go ?

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
GL with that. What kind of facilities do you have for that job?
And how did it go ?
Facilities? Uh, single car garage with tools thrown all about the floor. Armed with intuition, we were able to yank the motor with perhaps the smallest amount of bodily damage I've seen in quite some time.

So kinda like all magically and whatnot, this motor :

20210731_185532.jpg

used to be in this car:

20210731_185523.jpg

... and when I say magically, some of us brought thinking caps, and we pulled it out with critical thinking skills, some leverage, and a whole bunch of screws that I hope I can find again soon.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
... and when I say magically, some of us brought thinking caps, and we pulled it out with critical thinking skills, some leverage, and a whole bunch of screws that I hope I can find again soon.
ummmm, in my defense there were a few missing nuts/bolts/screws from that motor ā€œliving its life above 7000 rpmā€

...or so the owner told me šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
ummmm, in my defense there were a few missing nuts/bolts/screws from that motor ā€œliving its life above 7000 rpmā€

...or so the owner told me šŸ˜‚
I run a small program, I can't afford to apply red Loctite to everything.

... but I can try.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well that was short notice, bummed I missed it.

I'm very close by, Patrick, and would be happy to meet and turn a wrench if needed.
No worries, I'll give more advance notice next time, that, and tell people that a stripper will be there. I have a few forums that I'm on and occasionally forget about who I told where :D Wingnutt and I had been PM'ing back and forth about it for a bit, so I figured why not open it up to others. Things started going pretty fast once we did the last bit of loosening up, and a little lift here and drop there pulled it out once we somewhat forcefully suggested to a few pieces that it was their time to move. Thanks to Covid and Ford dragging their feet like nobody's business, I'm going to be playing the waiting game until I can get the pieces to toss back in.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Well that was short notice, bummed I missed it.

I'm very close by, Patrick, and would be happy to meet and turn a wrench if needed.
Iā€™m about 60 miles away but would consider it if the wife is super busy. We used to have wrench days when I was in my SRT club. It was fantastic with everybody getting together with several jobs to do and just knocking them out. Of course we would need somebody like we had who owns a garage with bays. Maybe we can get somebody to offer that up.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Iā€™m about 60 miles away but would consider it if the wife is super busy. We used to have wrench days when I was in my SRT club. It was fantastic with everybody getting together with several jobs to do and just knocking them out. Of course we would need somebody like we had who owns a garage with bays. Maybe we can get somebody to offer that up.
love it...but his HOA may string him up by his man-parts if he goes too far with the shenanigans.

http://www.theheads.biz/do-it-yourself.html

maybe we just rent the whole dam building one afternoon and get at it?

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
love it...but his HOA may string him up by his man-parts if he goes too far with the shenanigans.

Oh yeah. I didnā€™t mean at his house. That link you sent is ridiculously cool. I didnā€™t know they had stuff like that. If you get enough people and everybodyā€™s got a job for their car that would be great. Iused to join in these things and did the pretty simple stuff because Iā€™m not a very good wrench. Of course it would have to be pretty routine jobs, not a Whipple. :crackup:

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Well, here's hoping I strike it rich and open up a shop, but until then, yeah, I'm pushing my luck. Two race-cars out front, and a badged up cop truck, and another couple of cars on the street that make it obvious somebody enjoys having as little as possible in their bank account. I think it's just down to one neighbor now, as the one I had suspected came by when we were just pulling it and chatted us up. That, or she's got a thing fo--ew, no. No.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, here's hoping I strike it rich and open up a shop, but until then, yeah, I'm pushing my luck. Two race-cars out front, and a badged up cop truck, and another couple of cars on the street that make it obvious somebody enjoys having as little as possible in their bank account. I think it's just down to one neighbor now, as the one I had suspected came by when we were just pulling it and chatted us up. That, or she's got a thing fo--ew, no. No.
I will always be up for something like this if we wanted to do it. I am getting my new wheels installed tomorrow and I will post some pics up here as well as on the what did you do to your car thread. Weā€™ll see what you guys think.

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Hey guys

Sorry I haven't been on here for a minute. Life's been busy with work, school and family. Just a quick update though. Me and some guys went for a spirited cruise up through the mountains on Lake Henshaw and Julian. It was a mustang cruise, but my friends brought their ZL1 1LE's out. The camaro owners normally go to the road courses. These guys kicked ass up and down the mountain. I don't want to say how fast they were going, but I can tell you this...I wasn't able to keep up with them at any time. They reassured that once I take some classes with them, I'll be keeping up with them in no time.

After running through to Julian, we had breakfast, some famous julian pie and headed home. Talk about being exhausted....lol

Wish I could have wrenched on some cars with you guys.

Anyway, theres supposed to be a Las Vegas Cruise and show coming within the next month. Anyone Game?
Sponsored