Sponsored

San Diego, Temecula, Orange Area (Corona, Riverside, LA & Imperial County)!

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Wasn’t me….wish it was though

FYI. I had nothing better to do but buy a damn nitrous kit for my 2018. I need help and counseling….lmao
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Wasn’t me….wish it was though

FYI. I had nothing better to do but buy a damn nitrous kit for my 2018. I need help and counseling….lmao
I’ve only ever driven in one car with nitrous. It was a long time ago when I was in my 20s and it was a friend of mine who had a ‘65 GTO. Just getting into cars at that time it scared the hell out of me when he hit it.

jayson_b24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I’ve only ever driven in one car with nitrous. It was a long time ago when I was in my 20s and it was a friend of mine who had a ‘65 GTO. Just getting into cars at that time it scared the hell out of me when he hit it.
To be fair, I don't do my best driving after I've taken a hit of nitrous either...

Screenshot_20240314-224659_Chrome.jpg

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody ready to start going to Buttonwillow, streets of willow, willow springs, Or chuckwalla?

There were 2 events at chuckwalla. A 1/2 mile event which was a 2 day event and road course/track event. Met a bunch of people and a lot of nice rides. You don’t need an all out race car. You can bring your daily and put it on the track
I'll be up at Willow Springs instructing for NASA next weekend, definitely a fun track for Mustangs with all that powa, and I believe one of the fastest tracks by average speed... if you run something like a 1:33, your avg speed is 100.

Verts without a giant jungle gym in the back not allowed, I assume?
Depends on the organization you're running with, lots to choose from which are situated down here, like NASA, Speed Ventures, Speed District, OnGrid, Extreme Speed, SoCal Drivers' Club, etc. Generally speaking, you should be fine as HPDE's are typically meant for street cars (High Perf Driver's Ed/Experience) and racers looking to get cheap seat time, but with traffic and lots of other drivers on the track, you'll unknowingly keep it a little more toned down, not wanting to break the car or kill the tires for your ride home. Should the worst happen, you may also stand a small/decent chance with your insurance policy coverage, but there are also additional companies like Hagarty which sell track-day insurance specifically for that. Giant helping serving of a do read your policy, some outright explicitly speak against it, some have a clause about untimed events not for payment, position, prestige, ... so if you're going to run timing, do it via App on your Phone (Track Addict, Harry's Lap timer, etc) instead of a transponder, as they're usually recorded and put up on the internet or the event's results. Didn't post all of that to scare, just other things to keep in mind, but if you've never been, go.

Last edited:

jayson_b24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
I'll be up at Willow Springs instructing for NASA next weekend, definitely a fun track for Mustangs with all that powa, and I believe one of the fastest tracks by average speed... if you run something like a 1:33, your avg speed is 100.

Depends on the organization you're running with, lots to choose from which are situated down here, like NASA, Speed Ventures, Speed District, OnGrid, Extreme Speed, SoCal Drivers' Club, etc. Generally speaking, you should be fine as HPDE's are typically meant for street cars (High Perf Driver's Ed/Experience) and racers looking to get cheap seat time, but with traffic and lots of other drivers on the track, you'll unknowingly keep it a little more toned down, not wanting to break the car or kill the tires for your ride home. Should the worst happen, you may also stand a small/decent chance with your insurance policy coverage, but there are also additional companies like Hagarty which sell track-day insurance specifically for that. Giant helping serving of a do read your policy, some outright explicitly speak against it, some have a clause about untimed events not for payment, position, prestige, ... so if you're going to run timing, do it via App on your Phone (Track Addict, Harry's Lap timer, etc) instead of a transponder, as they're usually recorded and put up on the internet or the event's results. Didn't post all of that to scare, just other things to keep in mind, but if you've never been, go.
Interested in trying it at least once. I'll keep an eye out for others around the forums maybe doing something up. And, yeah, as a DD, I'll be easy on it for sure. Not trying to post "best times", just looking for a good day out.

Sponsored

jayson_b24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
So... anything still happening in the area? Any C&C/meetups/wrenching parties/cruises/just people meeting up? My car is still pretty much stock, except for a cool new vent-mounted air freshener, but I'm up for ideas. Especially if said ideas involve heading somewhere my wife might like to go, so I can talk her into it easier. :crackup:

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going to try and hit that Rancho Palos Verdes C&C that happens the first Saturday of every month again. Last month the weather didn’t cooperate and it looks like mother nature is going to shit on me Friday for getting the car ready. Going to give it my best shot. The M1 is never dirty because it’s rarely driven but I’m bringing both. I got to get the GT clean.
Sponsored