Sponsored

San Diego, Temecula, Orange Area (Corona, Riverside, LA & Imperial County)!

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to come to the track, and for free, take a look at the OttoFest coming up in a few weekends at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana.

https://nasasocal.com/ottofest/

I'm not up on "the scene" so I can't speak much to it, but think Dennis n' co will do a decent job, and even if not, you get to hear/see some of us playing. I'll probably only run a competition session or two myself, but it's at times a hectic day instructing, pit crew, and racing.

If you haven't been to the track before, WHAT THE FUCK?!?
If you haven't been on the track before, what are you waiting for? You don't need to be a prepped race car, overwhelming majority of the people showing up in HPDE are basic sporty cars, with an occasional exception to somebody who bought a race car and learning to drive in it. If you sign up and want me to provide the instruction, just let me know, as the instructors can choose cars (and their student inside) they feel best comfortable in.

Depending on how the day goes, I might even be able to take somebody out during the 3rd and 4th sessions with some ol' slicks I've got laying around.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
If you haven't been on the track before, what are you waiting for? You don't need to be a prepped race car, overwhelming majority of the people showing up in HPDE are basic sporty cars, with an occasional exception to somebody who bought a race car and learning to drive in it. If you sign up and want me to provide the instruction, just let me know, as the instructors can choose cars (and their student inside) they feel best comfortable in.
I think I'm in the wrong time of my life to try to track my car...between kid sports and responsibilities, I can't seem to get out to Fontana. Probably misplaced priorities ;)

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think I'm in the wrong time of my life to try to track my car...between kid sports and responsibilities, I can't seem to get out to Fontana. Probably misplaced priorities ;)
Just saying, all you need is one HPDE day to potentially change your life. You'll lose any interest in highway roll stuff, canyon rides, and all that other mess, plus truly appreciate how much of a race car the s550 really is. Besides, your kids don't need to go to college, and if they do, leave it up to them to get good grades, scholarships, and work their way through it like the rest of us :D

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to come to the track, and for free, take a look at the OttoFest coming up in a few weekends at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana.

https://nasasocal.com/ottofest/

I'm not up on "the scene" so I can't speak much to it, but think Dennis n' co will do a decent job, and even if not, you get to hear/see some of us playing. I'll probably only run a competition session or two myself, but it's at times a hectic day instructing, pit crew, and racing.

Depending on how the day goes, I might even be able to take somebody out during the 3rd and 4th sessions with some ol' slicks I've got laying around.
I'm thinking I'm gonna sign up...probably too hot to push it but at least for heel-toe practice.
Kind of a different style event for NASA, no? I like it!

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking I'm gonna sign up...probably too hot to push it but at least for heel-toe practice.
Kind of a different style event for NASA, no? I like it!
I haven't spoken to Dennis to see what he's up to, but just looking at the schedule, it looks like the HPDE1/2, 3/4, and TT groups all pitched in 5 minutes to create those extra sessions. I'm going to guess (emphasis on me) that it's either some sort of exhibition with what is likely to be some imports either drifting, or perhaps something similar to how people occasionally rent a few HPDE sessions that you'd occasionally see with Speed Ventures and track literally anything, like once I saw a bone stock 87 Camry go out. Might as well get used to the heat, thankfully not going to be anywhere like the 115 day from a few years back.

Also - WTF? both 550 and 666?
1654192617519.png

Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't spoken to Dennis to see what he's up to, but just looking at the schedule, it looks like the HPDE1/2, 3/4, and TT groups all pitched in 5 minutes to create those extra sessions. I'm going to guess (emphasis on me) that it's either some sort of exhibition with what is likely to be some imports either drifting, or perhaps something similar to how people occasionally rent a few HPDE sessions that you'd occasionally see with Speed Ventures and track literally anything, like once I saw a bone stock 87 Camry go out. Might as well get used to the heat, thankfully not going to be anywhere like the 115 day from a few years back.

Also - WTF? both 550 and 666?
1654192617519.png
šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø M6G has stopped counting your messages and likes I guess (I bumped you to 667 now, lol)

I just checked weather....93Ā° for Saturday. Man, I need that oil cooler.
I want to go but $280 for heel toe practice also seems kinda crazy.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm also going up this weekend to ACS w/ Speed Ventures, but going up to cheer / support friends in Corvette Challenge, and ridealongs in Green/Black. Anybody else going? What day(s)?

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
So I was just searching a little online and I came across this place called Inland Wharf Brewing Company in Temecula. They have a car show the first Saturday of every month with beer of course. live music and barbecue. The next one is July 2 and it looks like registering is free. I found it on eventbrite. Iā€™m thinking about doing it. Anybody else interested?

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested in checking it out. Gosh FORD used to do a big ole free coffee and donut thing with a 100 plus cars the first Sunday of the month

Sponsored

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
So I was just searching a little online and I came across this place called Inland Wharf Brewing Company in Temecula. They have a car show the first Saturday of every month with beer of course. live music and barbecue. The next one is July 2 and it looks like registering is free. I found it on eventbrite. Iā€™m thinking about doing it. Anybody else interested?
Temecula in July? Sounds hot.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Itā€™s been a long time. I donā€™t know how many times I can update this thread saying ā€œMy car is almost readyā€, but I got a message today, sayingā€¦ā€The car is almost readyā€!

car is currently getting tuned. It needed a 200 mile break in, etcā€¦. Iā€™m thinking some time within the next week and a half I can pick it up. I was told the cold starts are on point. No overheating and the oil change had no metal in it. The only thing left is to configure the wot box, so it doesnā€™t go lean while using the two step.

Here we go!

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hell yeah!! Now letā€™s set up a meet so we can see the lovely ladie!!
Sponsored