Sponsored

San Diego, Temecula, Orange Area (Corona, Riverside, LA & Imperial County)!

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I’m looking for a local salvage yard to get a couple front seats out of. I really just want the buckle/wiring harness so I don’t need airbags… any ideas where I can find a set?
Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking for a local salvage yard to get a couple front seats out of. I really just want the buckle/wiring harness so I don’t need airbags… any ideas where I can find a set?
I had good luck checking on the junkyard sites, or checking e-bay. There are a few in Long Beach and San Ysidro that helped me out when I needed random pieces. I just sold my front seats the other day on the s550 I'm stripping down, but if you need anything else, let me know.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I had good luck checking on the junkyard sites, or checking e-bay. There are a few in Long Beach and San Ysidro that helped me out when I needed random pieces. I just sold my front seats the other day on the s550 I'm stripping down, but if you need anything else, let me know.
What did you sell them for? I found a pair of cloth front seats Pat a junk yard with both airbags deployed and the guy wants $400…. All I need is the wiring and seatbelt buckle so I can set up my new seats, I expected much cheaper for airbag deployed seats, am I crazy?

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What did you sell them for? I found a pair of cloth front seats Pat a junk yard with both airbags deployed and the guy wants $400…. All I need is the wiring and seatbelt buckle so I can set up my new seats, I expected much cheaper for airbag deployed seats, am I crazy?
$500 buddy price, but yeah, I would have expected them to be a lot less too.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
$500 buddy price, but yeah, I would have expected them to be a lot less too.
$500 with airbags though, yeah?

What salvage yard in LB did you go to?

Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
$500 with airbags though, yeah?

What salvage yard in LB did you go to?
$500 with airbags, yeah.

err, sorry if I meant junkyard, I used something like (https://www.salvage-parts.com/junkyards-near-me) when I was searching and found a few there. In San Diego we have a few of the LKQ pick a part / Ecology junkyards, but the current generation stuff generally isn't yet there so you have to deal with the auto dismantlers scattered all around. I've been getting my cars from Copart, but they don't generally let public in.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
$500 with airbags, yeah.

err, sorry if I meant junkyard, I used something like (https://www.salvage-parts.com/junkyards-near-me) when I was searching and found a few there. In San Diego we have a few of the LKQ pick a part / Ecology junkyards, but the current generation stuff generally isn't yet there so you have to deal with the auto dismantlers scattered all around. I've been getting my cars from Copart, but they don't generally let public in.
What if I have a copart membership…?

There’s a couple yards near me, I’ll check them out, thank you.

Yeah; if you got $500 for clean ones with airbags then $400 for wrecked ones with popped airbags is way too much.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What if I have a copart membership…?

There’s a couple yards near me, I’ll check them out, thank you.

Yeah; if you got $500 for clean ones with airbags then $400 for wrecked ones with popped airbags is way too much.
You may, not too much work to be done to get something like a dismantlers' license, and even if you did, generally speaking, each Copart vehicle is treated as an asset lot, and until ownership has been transferred, it's off limits to pretty much anyone. Perspective buyers can do pre-sales inspections, but I'd figure you'd have issue walking out of there with like a transmission on your shoulder.

Nothing stopping you from winning/buying a completely trashed car and parting it out, but if you leave the carcass there, you'll continue to amass storage fees and they legally assume ownership of it after like 7 days of overdue fees. I got lucky with the one in Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario, but they've got a bunch around here for sure. California law makes it challenging to purchase a salvaged vehicle as a resident on a California titled (or salvaged, etc) vehicle, and you have to pay the sales tax against it at the time of the sale, however there's a form that you can get which will give you a pass should you repair enough to return it a repaired one.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

PetulantSenior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
San Diego Mustang Club
Saturday, November 12, 2022; Cruise to South OC Cars & Coffee!
Meet at the Chevron at 850 Palomar Rd. Carlsbad at 7:30 am, depart by 8:00 am.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
San Diego Mustang Club
Saturday, November 12, 2022; Cruise to South OC Cars & Coffee!
Meet at the Chevron at 850 Palomar Rd. Carlsbad at 7:30 am, depart by 8:00 am.
How many do you have lined up so far? This would be passing the CNC to drive back to the CNC for me.
Sponsored