Sponsored

San Diego, Temecula, Orange Area (Corona, Riverside, LA & Imperial County)!

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on the meetup?
Nothing concrete with dates as of yet. They're busy on releasing something big not related to the event, I'm trying to ready up for this upcoming weekend's races and pulling stupid hours at work since half of my coworkers got arrested/jailed over anti-war Facebook posts because there's no 1st amendment in Belarus.
Sponsored

PetulantSenior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Anyone on here hit up Ortega highway? Itā€™s pretty close and Iā€™m wondering how traffic/police presence isā€¦? Presumably if I go real early it will be good?
Was on Ortega last Sunday. Ran from Capo east. The road is all FU. A lot of construction widening the shoulder. Running Pedders eXtreme and thought I might lose a kidney. Highland Valley in Escon is worth the drive if you are out of the NCSD area.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Was on Ortega last Sunday. Ran from Capo east. The road is all FU. A lot of construction widening the shoulder. Running Pedders eXtreme and thought I might lose a kidney. Highland Valley in Escon is worth the drive if you are out of the NCSD area.
Iā€™d be coming south from the 15/91 interchangeā€¦ thatā€™s a bummer to hear, was it any fun or just beat you up?

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you're in NCSD, the best is taking 78 east to Julian, and then 74 north to Warner Springs, then east to Borrego using Montezuma, fantastic cruise, plenty of curves, and a huge elevation change going from the mountain to the desert. Not advocating speeding, but if you've got a prepped car, you can look/read far ahead, and have a lot of fun coming so close to dropping to your death, without all the towing miles to Pikes Peak.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
If you're in NCSD, the best is taking 78 east to Julian, and then 74 north to Warner Springs, then
Great run - BUT it's the 79 - not 74 - that's goes to Warner Springs. Also, best done at the crack of dawn to avoid traffic.

And can you go fast? You bet - I hit 160+ in a C6 Zo6 somewhere out there.

Last edited:

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great run - BUT it's the 79 - not 74 - that's goes to Warner Springs. Also, best done at the crack of dawn to avoid traffic.

And can you go fast? You bet - I hit 160+ in a C6 Zo6 somewhere out there.
Ah tyvm, it is the 79, and not the 74, you're correct. 74 I believe is like Orange County to Palm Springs, by way of Temecula/Hemet.

I can't show you the video evidence, at least here, but there are some great stretches out that way -- there's a road behind an airport which has no houses or driveways on it, flat as can be, and I've seen some grudge matches go down over there. Goes so fast that I'm scared to do it in the Stripper because I've never even put her in 6th. :)

PetulantSenior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I15 to Pomerado east, left on Hidden Valley Rd. This is my all time fav. Eventually end up in Ramona. head up the hill towards Julian. Here it becomes decision time ... do I keep going to Julian for BBQ and brew or make the left at Santa Ysabel onto 79. From there you can stay on 79 and go past Warner Springs till you see the BEER sign. Stop in and see Omar. Tell him Mike with the white GT sent you. On the weekends there is food and sometimes music. I'm thinking this might be a great place to have a meet-up.

Your thoughts?

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
I15 to Pomerado east, left on Hidden Valley Rd. This is my all time fav. Eventually end up in Ramona. head up the hill towards Julian. Here it becomes decision time ... do I keep going to Julian for BBQ and brew or make the left at Santa Ysabel onto 79. From there you can stay on 79 and go past Warner Springs till you see the BEER sign. Stop in and see Omar. Tell him Mike with the white GT sent you. On the weekends there is food and sometimes music. I'm thinking this might be a great place to have a meet-up.

Your thoughts?
Are you talking about that little place at the very sharp bend at the bottom of a hill on the 79?

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Ah tyvm, it is the 79, and not the 74, you're correct. 74 I believe is like Orange County to Palm Springs, by way of Temecula/Hemet.

I can't show you the video evidence, at least here, but there are some great stretches out that way -- there's a road behind an airport which has no houses or driveways on it, flat as can be, and I've seen some grudge matches go down over there. Goes so fast that I'm scared to do it in the Stripper because I've never even put her in 6th. :)
Are you talking about the Glider place on 79 outside of warner springs?

Sponsored

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)

Your thoughts?
Assuming you are talking Highland Valley?