Sponsored

Salvaged Shelby GT350

5.0hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Would you guys take a chance on a salvaged GT350 for an engine failure if you got the car for like $25k. There's a guy by where I live that has one for sale and I assume his engine had to be replaced because of the failures on the GT350s going around. I don't know much about the car right now but I don't know if I should even go through the effort of negotiating if the car will never work correctly.
Sponsored

15pgnatsum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Not unless you're either already filthy rich and/or can get it for like $5000 to turn into a dedicated track car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's not exactly clear to me what you are saying. The car has a salvage title due to accident damage plus the engine has been replaced by Ford?

There is a warranty on the power train that should extend for quite some time - unless there are a ton of miles on the car. So a concern over engine reliability doesn't have to be a huge deal at this time.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It's not exactly clear to me what you are saying. The car has a salvage title due to accident damage plus the engine has been replaced by Ford?
Exactly. If the engine blew, there still should be a 5/60 powertrain warranty. But if there was an accident then that's a different story. Engine damage in an accident must have meant a monster of a collision. That's frame damage territory right there.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Think some might be jumping to conclusions. Maybe the engine blew and was modded, so the warranty is voided. Need more info.

Car damaged? Engine a complete loss? Water damage? What's your intended use for the car?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Doesn't add up. An engine failure should be covered by the power train warranty so I dont see how you would end up w/ a salvage title. Get the VIN and go to a dealership, have them pull the service history on the car. Even is the car was modified and the motor blew how the heck does that end up as a salvage title ? I mean the motor is expensive but its not more than the "car" so shouldnt end in a salvage title imo. Something else is going on.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Would you guys take a chance on a salvaged GT350 for an engine failure if you got the car for like $25k. There's a guy by where I live that has one for sale and I assume his engine had to be replaced because of the failures on the GT350s going around. I don't know much about the car right now but I don't know if I should even go through the effort of negotiating if the car will never work correctly.
Suggest that you get an Oasis Report for this car which should certainly tell you something about any failures, warranty issues along with when the warranties started and when they will end.

:sunglasses:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Suggest that you get an Oasis Report for this car which should certainly tell you something about any failures, warranty issues along with when the warranties started and when they will end.

:sunglasses:
Exposing my ignorance here, but how do you get an Oasis report?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
You need the VIN and you need to go to a Ford dealership to get it from what I know.

There are a lot of really resourceful people here if I were you I would get the VIN and an post it up.