Salesman told me I don't need to do a service @ 1600 Miles

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Is that power loss due to the exhaust particulate filters installed on non-domestic built Mustangs ?
I believe it has something to do with the hydrocarbon traps, new sensor, tune. Nothing with the exhaust.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
A friend works at Ford dealership here and sells the returned after leasing vehicles. He's responsible for refurbishing all fords with genuine parts and reselling them. The EU models lose those 20hp due to emission regulations. SaMe for 2022 US model which loses 10.
He says that models before 2018 in Europe were limited by air intake manifold size reduction, mainly because the uk RHD. The same manifold was used in all eu models. After 2018 reduction is software controlled and it can be unlocked usin Ford genuine diagnostics software.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Is that power loss due to the gas particulate filters installed on non-domestic built Mustangs ?
There's no such thing as GPF in Kingdom of Oil :giggle: Only in Europe. From what I saw Dubai has a mix of domestic/export features, it's not the same as EU cars. But surprisingly enough, 2022 EU cars have no change of hp, still 460 hp.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
There's no such thing as GPF in Kingdom of Oil :giggle: Only in Europe. From what I saw Dubai has a mix of domestic/export features, it's not the same as EU cars. But surprisingly enough, 2022 EU cars have no change of hp, still 460 hp.
There's a rumor that this is going to be the last ICE mustang sold in Europe. The 7th gen will not be imported due to regulations, so the Mach E will be the only car with a pony on the front grille sold in Europe...
If the EURO7 comes into force in the next couple of years, ICE car prices will go up approx 20 to 30% due to additional tech for filtering, small engine cars will be 100% replaced by electric, as the price for installing the recycling stuff to a 1 liter engine will make it unsalable. So what we're gonna get are hybrids, electrics and very very expensive ICE cars with limited performance to match the regulations.
Enjoy the last of the running free stallions as long as they still exist, because soon these will become unicorns...

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
There's a rumor that this is going to be the last ICE mustang sold in Europe. The 7th gen will not be imported due to regulations, so the Mach E will be the only car with a pony on the front grille sold in Europe...
If the EURO7 comes into force in the next couple of years, ICE car prices will go up approx 20 to 30% due to additional tech for filtering, small engine cars will be 100% replaced by electric, as the price for installing the recycling stuff to a 1 liter engine will make it unsalable. So what we're gonna get are hybrids, electrics and very very expensive ICE cars with limited performance to match the regulations.
Enjoy the last of the running free stallions as long as they still exist, because soon these will become unicorns...

Same thing will happen all over the world at some point in time.

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
I thought you had to do the first service at 1600 Miles/2000 KMS but the salesman was telling me not anymore I just need to bring it in within 6 months or 10,000 km whichever comes first. I told him but this is a Mach 1 he said it's no longer needed.

Shall I listen to him or just pay out of pocket and do an early service? (my car has 5 years free service contract)
F the salesman, talk to a mechanic.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The owners manual has a maintenance schedule in it, follow it. As long as you follow it and document it, there should be no warranty issues.

I did my first oil change on my 2020 GT at around 2,200 miles, or about 9 months of ownership. Just did the second oil change at almost exactly one year later and had about 4,300 miles on the odo. In the end, it is your car and everyone will have their own opinion, so do what YOU think is right.

Doug

Last edited:

jtrinkle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L.
If you are worried about how the oil is performing or how the engine break-in is going you can always send off an oil sample to Blackstone Labs in Fort Wayne, IN. They will send you a free kit and the test is only $30. If you want to know how far you can push the oil its $10 for the TBN test. I have done this on all my cars and do every other oil change on my Harley since it is air cooled. I did the TBN test and I was told I could push the oil to 8,000 mile oil changes not that I would do it.

scd603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There’s a few “schools of thought” on this subject. Are you doing high-performance driving or just daily driving? If you do HP then you’ll change your oil long before the recommended service interval. If you have a performance built racing motor you’ll change it out after break-in.
If you just daily it with some spirited driving the normal service interval will be just fine. Your warranty won’t magically disappear if you don’t change your original oil before 5K miles and this isn’t 1968, new engines have much tighter tolerances and will not shave metal off of the reciprocating mass during break-in.
CJPP just dropped the video, have a look yourself.
Spirited during break in?

Sponsored

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
Cheap Insurance, I changed my oil at I think 800 miles on my 2016 GT-RS3, I changed my oil on my 2020 Explorer at 1100 Miles.
Sponsored