Sponsored

Salesman told me I don't need to do a service @ 1600 Miles

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Actually the whole Europe except for UK has left hand drive :like:
It's okay. Your pictures at that Mustang show near Prague were awesome buddy. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Update guys: I called the Ford Service center and spoke to an advisor telling him about my concern with the early oil change. He was like sir, there is no need to do that we don't even do an early oil change for the Bronco. I was like well I read this on the internet and even my previous BMW M4 had a service requirement FROM THE DEALERSHIP at 1600 miles. He said it is NOT needed.

I then asked how much would it cost me to do it out of pocket anyway, he's like 200 USD. Sheesh. If I do it myself the warranty is void he said. Not sure how they can tell if I do a simple oil change at a 3rd party shop. Can they find out?
I won't wade into the "should you," "should not" debate; however, your advisor is 100% incorrect about voiding your warranty. There were specific consumer protection laws passed to enable individuals and other repair shops outside of the dealership to perform repairs. Look up Magnuson Moss and read all that it entails.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I won't wade into the "should you," "should not" debate; however, your advisor is 100% incorrect about voiding your warranty. There were specific consumer protection laws passed to enable individuals and other repair shops outside of the dealership to perform repairs. Look up Magnuson Moss and read all that it entails.
not sure if the Magnuson act is going to help him in Dubai............

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Like its been said I would run the first oil change 3k-5k. Then do 5K-10K depending on your driving habits.

On my 2014 5.0 I bought it new changed oil every 10K miles and sent it to Blackstone oil analysis. It was my daily and I ran her hard. The car had 120K miles. The oil had almost 10K miles and it was in excellent shape see the report yourself. BTW used Motorcraft 5W-20 Synthetic Blend.

1653505968635.png

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I think an oil change before 2k miles is probably pretty smart. After that regular oil changes.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I think an oil change before 2k miles is probably pretty smart. After that regular oil changes.
my first change will be next week @ 1,600 miles.
normally i would never go that early but its 12 months. i'm going to do it every may when it comes out of storage. the car will be driven until october and then parked again. if it was a daily i'd go 5k without hesitation.

Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Like its been said I would run the first oil change 3k-5k. Then do 5K-10K depending on your driving habits.

On my 2014 5.0 I bought it new changed oil every 10K miles and sent it to Blackstone oil analysis. It was my daily and I ran her hard. The car had 120K miles. The oil had almost 10K miles and it was in excellent shape see the report yourself. BTW used Motorcraft 5W-20 Synthetic Blend.

1653505968635.png
I do not know who has the contract for Motorcraft today, as I retired in 2019, but back then I had been told by a reliable source that Conoco Phillips had this contract and that is was a Synthetic Blend product. To the best of my knowledge all 5W20's are SB in order to meet spec.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I haven't run into many salesmen that I would expect to get any sort of authoritative information out of regarding the cars they sell. With apologies to any knowledgeable, honest, competent car sales folks out there...

OP
OP
superspartan

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I haven't run into many salesmen that I would expect to get any sort of authoritative information out of regarding the cars they sell. With apologies to any knowledgeable, honest, competent car sales folks out there...
yeah my salesman who has been working for Ford Dubai didn't even know that the 2022 models have 10 less horsepower and torque. When I told him that, he said not for our region until I showed him the official specs on the Ford website...he went silent...

EeChF7M.gif

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
not sure if the Magnuson act is going to help him in Dubai............
Took me a while to learn to look at a members location before commenting.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Ford Dubai didn't even know that the 2022 models have 10 less horsepower and torque.
Is that power loss due to the gas particulate filters installed on non-domestic built Mustangs ?
Sponsored

Last edited: