Saleen S302 Yellow label

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
So I'm looking at the Roush S3 and Saleen S302 Yellow Label (supercharger option). Anyone with experiences with either of these cars? I'm trying to decide between those 2 and the GT350. Thanks!!
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Do your research. Saleen doesn't have the best reputation these days. Buyer beware.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Joe - you are near us in the Atlanta area - we build our Steeda Performance Vehicles in Valdosta, GA - we have some great options here:

http://www.steedavehicles.com/

We can meet & exceed any expectations you may have when it comes to a unique performance vehicle - made to order to your liking :)

TJ

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I had a 2019 Saleen and the build quality was horrible. I am not the type of guy that usually complains about build quality on a Ford Mustang, but the rear spoiler looked worse than a MAACO job and the leather seat covers looked very loose And poor fitting.

04DarkShadowGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
If I were spending the 60K range to buy a Saleen, Roush, or GT350 I would pick the GT350.

The Shelby will hold value better for sure. It wont be as fast straight line as a supercharged roush or Saleen but will handle better and be better on track.

I owned a 2006 Saleen S281 SC and I loved that car, it looked amazing and was quick for the year. I also paid like 15K for it so it was a helluva lot of car for the $$.

I think it looked better than a Gt500 of the same body but the Shelbys were less new and worth way more now.

Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
If I were spending the 60K range to buy a Saleen, Roush, or GT350 I would pick the GT350.

The Shelby will hold value better for sure. It wont be as fast straight line as a supercharged roush or Saleen but will handle better and be better on track.

I owned a 2006 Saleen S281 SC and I loved that car, it looked amazing and was quick for the year. I also paid like 15K for it so it was a helluva lot of car for the $$.

I think it looked better than a Gt500 of the same body but the Shelbys were less new and worth way more now.
If you were spending 60K you wouldn't be entertaining an RS3, but would be squarely in the range of an RS2 which (just a wee bit biased is a great car and plenty fast IMO). I think if you want something really special all things considered, go with the Roush. They produce a few hundred a year vs 6 thousand or so GT350s. Saleen used to be the shiznit back in the early 90's, but they have been totally outclassed by Roush for quite awhile now. That said, it's your ride man. You've got to get as close to insanely thrilled with your car as you possibly can. If that's Shelby or Saleen, then get it! The brotherhood will welcome you regardless because we're all Stang fans!

Last edited:

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
If you were spending 60K you wouldn't be entertaining an RS3, but would be squarely in the range of an RS2 which (just a wee bit biased is a great car and plenty fast IMO). I think if you want something really special all things considered, go with the Roush. They produce a few hundred a year vs 6 thousand or so GT350s. Saleen used to be the shiznit back in the early 90's, but they have been totally outclassed by Roush for quite awhile now.
This ^^^

OP
OP
joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Thanks guys!! I've taken the Saleen off the short list. Wish I jumped on a 19 S3 Roush a few months ago...it was 55k with 7k miles.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Thanks guys!! I've taken the Saleen off the short list. Wish I jumped on a 19 S3 Roush a few months ago...it was 55k with 7k miles.
If it was a no wreck car, that was a killer deal.

OP
OP
joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Yup, was a clean title at a dodge dealer...this was before used prices shot up due to covid.
Sponsored