SlimReaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
This is my favorite mustang other than my own. Absolutely gorgeous car. How do you like the Koni yellows?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sagacity

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang LE, Kona Blue #146, Manual
I like them a lot. It's nice being able to adjust the firmness. Around town I keep them somewhat soft but if I'm going into the canyons I can give them a turn and stiffen them up.

OP
OP
Sagacity

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Whipple and engine bay

Haven't posted any pics of the Whipple finished and the other upgrades so I thought I would update the thread with the latest mods.

After I finished the Whipple install,the OPG, Crank Sprocket and ATI dampner I decided to cerakote the intake components to help reduce the heat soak. The cerakote is a ceramic high temp paint and it gave the intake a nice black satin sheen. I also put some thermal barrier in the top cover of the intake box.
Intake parts.jpg

intake cover.jpg

Next I installed a Mishimoto triple core radiator that is quite a bit bigger then the PP radiator which has lowered my head temps a good deal. After that I painted my Mishimoto coolant tank Kona Blue and made some mods to the radiator mount to fit the larger coolant tank onto the larger radiator. Had to get creative and reverse the mounting points and trim some metal off the overflow spout to keep it from touching the supercharger pulley.

I created a blue brake fluid cover to hide he ugly white reservoir. I'm currently working on some designs to put custom logos or text on the brake fluid reservoir cover in contrasting colors.

I removed the hood liner and airbrushed the Pony in white to match the valve covers and whipple jackshaft cover.

Lastly, I airbrushed the whipple lettering on the jackshaft cover with white to tie it all together with the coil covers and hood.

Below are pics of the Car at the Recent Ponies at the Pike. It was my first car show and I managed to get 3rd place in the Ultra Modified Class. I was pretty stoked about third place because I have done all the work on the car myself with the exception of the white racing stripes which were painted on by a body shop. I see myself holding onto this car probably forever and just getting a larger garage when I decide to get another mustang. :ford:

Ponies at the Pike 2.jpg

Ponies at the Pike.jpg

3rd place.jpg

I still have a couple more things I want to do to the car. I'm working on a custom radiator plaque to go in the recessed area over the radiator with some info about the car. Currently designing some 3D custom center caps and lastly I'll probably upgrade to the whipple stage 2 in the spring.

The car has been a lot of fun to drive and the whipple is a blast.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
WOW!! Absolutely amazing work you have done. Gorgeous car!

SlimReaper

SlimReaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What modifications did you do to make the front splitter fit?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sagacity

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
What modifications did you do to make the front splitter fit?
The carbon fiber splitter bolts right up to all the factory holes. No modification necessary. The plastic underpan is the only thing that needs modification if you still want to keep the underpan.

I wanted to keep the under pan for the brake cooling ducts so I basically cut out the center section in front of the radiator supports and left the two sides with the channels that direct the air to the brakes. I used two holes on each side that already lined up with the factory mount holes.
Then I used a piece of aluminium L bar to mount it to the front of the radiator lower supports that have a hole in the center. Used spring loaded drywall anchors to secure it to the holes and then mounted the front of the underpan to the aluminum strip. Looks factory and I still have all but the center front 12" of my underpan.

SlimReaper

SlimReaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That sounds fantastic. Would you happen to have a picture of the finished product? I'm going to try and do this my self.

OP
OP
Sagacity

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Under pan photo

Below is a photo of the underpan. One thing I forgot to mention. When I cut out the center section I had to flip it upside down to attach it because it has stiffening rails built into it that wouldn't mount flush otherwise.

So basically cut out the center section flip upside down and mount to the attached angled aluminum piece.

Currently I have the center section off and I am just using the two sides for the brake cooling

underpan.jpg

SlimReaper

SlimReaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That sounds pretty intimidating lol I'll try it out though

OP
OP
Sagacity

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Minor Update

Been working on some 3D Printed designs and added a couple things to the car. Most of the time when people see the car they ask why does it have louvered windows. Unless you know what to look for you wouldn't know it was a 50th anniversary Limited Edition so I made a couple things to kind of help identify it as such.

50 Years Center Caps
50 year center caps.jpg

50 years Brake fluid reservoir cover
20161118_173937.jpg

50 years Brake fluid reservoir cover
20161118_174116.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sagacity

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Under Hood Plaque

It's been awhile since I have done anything to the car but thought I would post up this pic of the Vinyl Decal I made for the radiator cover. I bought me a vinyl cutter and have been working on some ideas.

Radiator Cover.jpg

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
It's been awhile since I have done anything to the car but thought I would post up this pic of the Vinyl Decal I made for the radiator cover. I bought me a vinyl cutter and have been working on some ideas.

Radiator Cover.jpg
Sweet-->:headbang:
Sponsored