Sadly might sell my SC2s...

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
So due to scheduling and other reasons, the R has not and probably will not make it to a proper race track in the next year or so. I have 3100 miles on the SC2s and they are holding up great, actually - they are almost new...but there aren't really any corners around here...so that's probably why. But I'm thinking of selling these and buying some Sport 4Ss for street duty. I don't see a good reason to continue burning up these SC2s and at the same time throwing rocks at my own car and everyone elses. I doubt there will be much life in these by the time I DO get to a track.

Any one else unfortunate enough to be in my shoes? First-world-problems, I know.
Sponsored

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Additionally, looks like I'm buying a stock non-r set of wheels and tires in perfect shape...deal was too good to pass up but not sure what I'll do with them. I love the look of the R wheels, so I'm not going to shelf them and drive on the non-r wheels.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I'm in a similar situation. I drove a non R and I loved the fact you don't hear rocks being thrown. It makes me cringe...

I'd love some nice aftermarket wheels, but don't see anything out there that calls out to me.

Swapping out tires on the CF wheels makes me nervous.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I'm in a similar situation. I drove a non R and I loved the fact you don't hear rocks being thrown. It makes me cringe...

I'd love some nice aftermarket wheels, but don't see anything out there that calls out to me.

Swapping out tires on the CF wheels makes me nervous.
#truth

I'm borderline shitbaked to have mine changed out locally... will probably bring it to Mercedes or BMW in the hopes that they have one of those touchless systems. Of the 2 Ford dealerships locally, the smaller one (non-SVT in Canada) whom I bought tires from in the past, mounted ALL 4 tires on the wheels backwards (i.e inside of the tire on outside of the wheel) and damaged the shit out of the wheels...

Don't have much more faith in the larger SVT dealership haha between the carbon wheels and getting the recall done within the next month or so, I can almost physically feel myself aging... :lol:

Sponsored

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I actually had to replace an SC2 early on due to a nail. Found a shop that local enthusiasts recommended. They called Carbon Revolution to confirm that their machine was appropriate before they would touch it. I took a vide of them doing it - it was fine. This machine was the kind that goes through the center bore of the wheel. The way he explained it was that if he scratched mine, he would scratch others - and he doesn't scratch others.

Look at it this way, you'll need to replace the tires eventually ;)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Love my Forgestars on my R... got good street duty Hankook Ventus shoes. Makes street life much easier.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I actually had to replace an SC2 early on due to a nail. Found a shop that local enthusiasts recommended. They called Carbon Revolution to confirm that their machine was appropriate before they would touch it. I took a vide of them doing it - it was fine. This machine was the kind that goes through the center bore of the wheel. The way he explained it was that if he scratched mine, he would scratch others - and he doesn't scratch others.

Look at it this way, you'll need to replace the tires eventually ;)
Sounds like a great shop you have there! And yeah I know, unfortunately they don't last forever, but they are aging and wearing faster than me dammit :D

Assuming you're going with a 325/30 PS4S? Curious to see how those will fit/look on the R's wheels considering how the 315's already poke beyond the fender.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Sounds like a great shop you have there! And yeah I know, unfortunately they don't last forever, but they are aging and wearing faster than me dammit :D

Assuming you're going with a 325/30 PS4S? Curious to see how those will fit/look on the R's wheels considering how the 315's already poke beyond the fender.
The do poke but it seems like it's mostly the wheel itself, as the tire looks every so slightly stretched. I'm 75% going to do it, especially if I can find a local guy who wants to buy the SC2s.

These have almost 3200 miles on them - the look almost identical to the one that I still have on my bench - which was replaced at under 1000.
sc2-1.JPG
sc2-2.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
$1000

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If you're local, can help you get them mounted up ;)

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Ttt

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Tons of opinion on tech pack issues, only 3100 miles, all street and no track time in sight. Interesting. Jus' sayin'. Anyway, good luck with the street tire set up.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm gonna get some new shoes for mine. I have a local outfit that should do fine. I love the carbons... I won't run with anything else, they look and feel fabulous.

Mine are more worn out in 900 miles than your 3200. Are you giving yours any throttle ? ;)
Sponsored