Sad, possible loss….

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'll just say that if you don't fix her, she will end somewhere in east europe and somebody will enjoy the hell out of her for the rest of the life.

I can never understand how a medium intensity damage can have american insurance companies declare a total loss. Probably the cost of labour + the throwaway culture.

Fix it, that car is completely fixable. And without too much effort I would say.

Edit: came too late, already thrown away. Sorry for your loss. But really, if somebody could elaborate for me... why? Why americans throw away perfectly repairable cars so easily?
Just like you mentioned, basically that's what it is - insurance tells you it's not worth the payout on your policy and that dictates lot of decisions. And you don't really get to argue with insurance how much damage they should consider a total loss.

Much like health insurance companies, car insurance companies got you by the balls and they know it.

As a Czech, I've lived in the US almost my whole adult life, but also can guarantee you that there are not going to be as many body shops for a Mustang in Eastern Europe. Even if you do consider Czech that, I wouldn't trust a shop there to fix it, that I can tell you.
Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Thanks everyone. I’m still blown away to find a car with 700 miles on it. Only thing that looks off to me is that this dealer or original owner waxed the car rather poorly and there looks to be some old wax on the plastic rocker panels. I’m wondering if my insurance company would let me buy the recaros or I’d have to wait to see who they sell the salvaged car to
Hi - Congrats on finding a nice replacement. Don’t be too quick to replace the standard seats if they have heat/cool/ memory features. Those are very nice perks once you get used to them. I am similar in that I would want another Bullitt as I am very happy with the car… Bruce

Last edited:

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I'll just say that if you don't fix her, she will end somewhere in east europe and somebody will enjoy the hell out of her for the rest of the life.

I can never understand how a medium intensity damage can have american insurance companies declare a total loss. Probably the cost of labour + the throwaway culture.

Fix it, that car is completely fixable. And without too much effort I would say.

Edit: came too late, already thrown away. Sorry for your loss. But really, if somebody could elaborate for me... why? Why americans throw away perfectly repairable cars so easily?
It's simple math: Is the payout for the total wreck minus the salvage value of the wreck greater or less than the cost to do the repair. I am sure they can get a pretty good salvage price for this car, offsetting their payout. I bet that it won't be repaired though, it will probably be parted out by whatever salvage yard ends up with it.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Ended up finding a 2019 with all
The options I had with the exception of the recaros….only 720 miles. Priced less than what insurance gave me. 13 hours away from me. Flying there Friday and taking a two day drive home…maybe with some sort of reckoning of what I lost and to be more careful next time…under 1,000 miles is it advisable to fluctuate speeds and rpm? Or is that just hocus pocus?
Nice find!

I bought a 2020 GT/CS with only ~980 miles on it. I keep wondering what is wrong with the car and no matter how hard I look, I still can't find anything.

OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Nice find!

I bought a 2020 GT/CS with only ~980 miles on it. I keep wondering what is wrong with the car and no matter how hard I look, I still can't find anything.
that’s awesome. That’s the mindset I’m in right now until I look at it in person and drive it 12 hours home I’ll still be wondering why it was at a dealer

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Lots of reasons….Life changes, impulse purchase, buying house, need roof, having kids, not primary vehicle, purchased a C8 corvette GT 500 etc..new wife/gf/bf or whatever these days doesn’t like it, need more practical vehicle, need cheaper vehicle, too much insurance, people try to race you, too fast, not fast enough……too heavy…..
.lots of reasons for a car like that to be available. Whoever got my 3800 mile 2016 GT Is one lucky SOB.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Lots of reasons….Life changes, impulse purchase, buying house, need roof, having kids, not primary vehicle, purchased a C8 corvette GT 500 etc..new wife/gf/bf or whatever these days doesn’t like it, need more practical vehicle, need cheaper vehicle, too much insurance, people try to race you, too fast, not fast enough……too heavy…..
.lots of reasons for a car like that to be available. Whoever got my 3800 mile 2016 GT Is one lucky SOB.
Hi - You‘re right about the multitude of reasons. A successful real estate agent told me that divorces were the biggest single source of house listings for her. Why would they sell that beautiful house? Well, they split… Bruce

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thanks everyone. I’m still blown away to find a car with 700 miles on it. Only thing that looks off to me is that this dealer or original owner waxed the car rather poorly and there looks to be some old wax on the plastic rocker panels. I’m wondering if my insurance company would let me buy the recaros or I’d have to wait to see who they sell the salvaged car to
Might want to ask for a copy of the Oasis report for the car, on the outside chance its a buy back or an almost buy back.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
that’s awesome. That’s the mindset I’m in right now until I look at it in person and drive it 12 hours home I’ll still be wondering why it was at a dealer
So what was the actual out the door sales price?