Sponsored

damships

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1 (Rapid Red)
100% Agree with this. Nothing against the artist doing the renders (they look freaking incredible). But as far as discussion and speculation, I’m pretty disappointed with what I’ve been seeing. I’m only seeing a mild refresh versus a whole new generation. Moreover, I’m pretty unhappy with the way the front looks. The interior shots we’ve seen do look pretty cool, but I’m hoping they give us some circular vents styling wise — because if they don’t (as many have said), this looks way too Camaro-ish. I’m going to stay optimistic until the unveiling.
Sponsored

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
Everyone keeps saying camaro but all I see is a charger front end lol. It just looks so flat. I hope the real thing has some nicer lines.
My thoughts exactly. I thought, there's not many lines to it, looks rather plain.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Here we go again..............no love for a new generation of Mustang.
Your post reminded me of when the Mach 1 was announced. Many animated discussions.

I to am concerned about what I've seen thus far, but have to wait until the reveal in September.

I appreciate anyone who has 1) created a rendering and 2) posted it in 6G/7G for comments. Thank You.

Difficult time to be any of the following at Ford:

Designer: you're tasked with brining in the next generation. Followers have some of the highest expectations of any model. You need to make something that looks towards the future, while giving tells highlighting and respecting the past.

Engineer: you've got a wicked V-8. You might be forced to make adjustments. Making any change at all to existing power plant options is riddled with pitfalls; it's your third rail.

Logistics: You struggled all year to build cars people ordered. Oh yeah, the Lightening was introduced. We need enough bits to produce 100,000 next year while you iron out all the problems with existing models. After that, there's this whole S650 thing you need to pivot for.

Last edited:

flarecz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Flare
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible GT
Great rendering work ... and if true, it makes me happy to keep 6th gen as it looks much better to me :cool:

USMC 005

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If it looks like this.. it's going to be a hard pass for me dog. I will keep my 2015 for even longer.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Here we go again..............no love for a new generation of Mustang.

At first, the S550 in 2015 was a Fusion.

Then the '18 refresh was a catfish.

Both those version of S550 soon become "the best looking Mustang ever".

Give it time and S650 will soon be loved by most.

Agreed...

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
100% Agree with this. Nothing against the artist doing the renders (they look freaking incredible). But as far as discussion and speculation, I’m pretty disappointed with what I’ve been seeing. I’m only seeing a mild refresh versus a whole new generation. Moreover, I’m pretty unhappy with the way the front looks. The interior shots we’ve seen do look pretty cool, but I’m hoping they give us some circular vents styling wise — because if they don’t (as many have said), this looks way too Camaro-ish. I’m going to stay optimistic until the unveiling.
Makes sense it looks Camaro-ish. Ford probably wants win over some of the Camaro guys since Chevy ditched them lol.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Only to those who own them. Justification for not buying the new version.
Not at all. I have a couple of 18+ owner friends that wish they had my front nose!!! :) It is what it is.

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I must be one of the few that actually likes this new rendering. I hope the car lives up to the legacy we have. Owning a 2016, this new styling reminds me of a mash up between the 15-17 S550 and the S197 gen.

I am excited to see the new generation. I am sure we all will grow to love it just as we have with most other iterations of the mustang.

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
For me I've never been a mustang person until the s550 came out, It was just so sleek!
If it was like the s650 render, I wouldn't have become a mustang fan.
Sponsored