Sponsored

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
I’m not digging the fangs in the grill, the headlights or the big black molding section under the grill but I think it’ll look ok in person. Realistically the softer lines may lend themselves better to the aftermarket. The 2018+ cars are so defined in their appearance that it’s very hard to alter their appearance very much.
Sponsored

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Here we go again..............no love for a new generation of Mustang.

At first, the S550 in 2015 was a Fusion.

Then the '18 refresh was a catfish.

Both those version of S550 soon become "the best looking Mustang ever".

Give it time and S650 will soon be loved by most.
The 2015 did have some similarities with the Fusion. However, it was still awesome and way better than the Fusion. The 2018 refresh DOES have a catfish whisker vibe on the lower front grill. Overall, still a nice car, but the pre-refresh front was better. The GT350 and Mach 1 fixed the catfish look of the front. The GT500....well its a GT500 even if the front looks like it has a gigantic gaping black hole.

In terms of these renders, I don't think the 2024 looks bad. The hood going all the way to the front looks a little strange. It does seem a little boxier in the front. I don't consider it better than the S550, but I think you could still have an excellent car with that front. HOWEVER, if that portion below the grill in the render is not painted orange as in the render and is instead black plastic, the front will be pathetically crappy. It will look like it has a gigantic black void grill (even if it isn't actually part of the grill). If that portion is black, then the car will look bad. In that case, I hope it fails miserably so they have to redesign it (like Chevy did with the failed 2019 Camaro SS). The gigantic grill trend is terrible and hopefully it won't inflict the S650 Mustang.

If I was all powerful, I would have the S550 stick around for many more years. It is a beautiful car. The S650 may end up being better, but I think it is unlikely. I think the Mach 1 is the best Mustang in a very long time (GT350 would be better except I will take the relatively reliable 5.0 engine over the less reliable engine in the GT350 any day).

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
I'd also like to chime in one more time.... Ford............ You compels redesigned the interior, but for the autos still have the same hideous 7 foot tall shift knob from the 2015s. WTF. I meant to say this earlier but forgot and then looked at pics a bit ago and got angry again lol.

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
The boxy look up front is a change for the better. The hood brow line is reminiscent of the 1970 AMC Javelin, and that is a very good thing !

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
Looks nice, three sections of headlights not so much, but as I say that, one must be parking/turn signal...I hope that the honeycomb area is open, there is nothing worse than looking at the various patches of the honeycomb on mustangs throughout the years that were solid, those look as though they need some Roto-Zip work ! ... I am addressing this as if it is the genuine release...
Sponsored