• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Refresh: What You Want To See

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I would want tail lights that extend a little further down in the back, so that the trunk opening line would be straight across and not rise up to meet the tail lights as it does now. I don't really know why, but that really bugs me on the current car. I would also like to see. subtle ducktail on the rear, if they could make it work with the look of the car. I'm not a fan of the huge, flat expanse at the rear; the 2024 NEEDS a spoiler of some kind, IMO, or the rear looks too plain and flat.

Regarding the front, I would prefer a different hood vent as the current one looks like an afterthought, and I'm not a fan of the additional black around the grille. The big grille is in, but most companies put the bumper behind the grille so that it's hidden (like on many Audis, etc), and the look on the 24 doesn't work for me at all. Also, for the love of God Ford, make the black plastic colors in the front match--all glossy or all black, and not both. I hate the matte black lower vent surrounds on the front that has a gloss black grille.

I doubt we'll still see the Dark Horse when a refresh comes, but if for some reason we did, I would want them to get rid of the ridiculous raccoon eyes. I just don't understand what they were thinking. It's flat out terrible on an otherwise nice front end.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DeluxeStang

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I would want tail lights that extend a little further down in the back, so that the trunk opening line would be straight across and not rise up to meet the tail lights as it does now. I don't really know why, but that really bugs me on the current car. I would also like to see. subtle ducktail on the rear, if they could make it work with the look of the car. I'm not a fan of the huge, flat expanse at the rear; the 2024 NEEDS a spoiler of some kind, IMO, or the rear looks too plain and flat.

Regarding the front, I would prefer a different hood vent as the current one looks like an afterthought, and I'm not a fan of the additional black around the grille. The big grille is in, but most companies put the bumper behind the grille so that it's hidden (like on many Audis, etc), and the look on the 24 doesn't work for me at all. Also, for the love of God Ford, make the black plastic colors in the front match--all glossy or all black, and not both. I hate the matte black lower vent surrounds on the front that has a gloss black grille.

I doubt we'll still see the Dark Horse when a refresh comes, but if for some reason we did, I would want them to get rid of the ridiculous raccoon eyes. I just don't understand what they were thinking. It's flat out terrible on an otherwise nice front end.
Yeah, I agree with some of your points on the rear. I did a more zoomed out sketch for it. Moved the taillights down, gave them a horizontal design element that lines up with a contrasting black strip on the decklid. Removed the upper angled portion of the taillights, and redesigned the lower defuser so it's smaller, and more linear. Also moved the mounting point for the plate further down, makes it less clunky looking imo.

S650 Mustang S650 Refresh: What You Want To See IMG_20230319_165301

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
I want Lambo style doors!

S650 Mustang S650 Refresh: What You Want To See Lambo-Doors

Pairs nicely with the dash/centre stack screens?

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Just a little less black plastic on the rear fascia and I would like to see some sort of hood over the displays so it integrates into the top of the dash better.

I also feel like the GT should come with the quad tip/active exhaust standard.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
I know this will never happen cause it would price the car out of its intended market but double wishbone suspension front and rear would be amazing.
I want more performance in a simple car at a relatively low price. Return back to the original concept and the Mustang II concept. The Mustang designs that had HUGE, TREMENDOUS sales numbers. Not the low-sales, bloated vehicle we have now.

I'd like to see a lighter, smaller, more compact Mustang. Less expensive consumables, better fuel economy, better handling.

I would much rather see a V6 or 4 cylinder (or a tiny V8 even better) only in a 3,000 lb NA car than a V8 hybrid AWD 4,200-4,500 lb car.

Better weight balance with a transaxle would be awesome. Definitely retain RWD, no FWD.
Winner winner, chicken dinner!!

Sadly, we are in the minority here. Most people want enormous boats with trendy features rather than nimble drivers' cars.

But hey, if Ford is making "Mustang" a brand rather than a specific car, maybe they will make a smaller, lighter, nimble version as well.

Side note: over the weekend, my friend and I went for a cruise and then parked to have lunch. His 1965 next to my 2018. When we came out, there was a Mach E parked next to us. This would've been a dream picture for Ford I'm sure but I was so disgusted. This stupid SUV with identity issues thinks it's one of us. SHAME

jmstang66

Performance Media Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Keep it as is, just do model trim variations.
Use the dodge formula

Rams and challengers haven’t changed in almost 20 years, milk it for profit and focus on quality and strengthening the company image
couldn't agree more. Outside of a little nip and tuck on the exterior, do this. I hate the interior and want nothing more than to have them reconfigure, but that's more so a pipe dream at this point so that part is what it is...

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
- A manual transmission that isn't a steaming pile of ****

- Engine options. How about a 6.8L Mustang trim? Dodge did a 5.7/6.4 pairing that sells like hotcakes.
Sponsored