• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
Autoforecast Solutions are quoted as indicating that we will have to wait until March 2023 for the S650.

See Autoline Daily, text is also halfway down the page here if you don’t want to watch the whole video: http://www.autoline.tv/daily/?p=79050#more-79050

NEXT-GEN MUSTANG COMING IN 2023
OK pony car fans, get ready for the next generation of the Ford Mustang. But you’ll have to wait until March of 2023. That’s when it will go into production at Flat Rock, Michigan, according to Autoforecast Solutions. Some may speculate that it will be electric, but we don’t think so. Ford recently announced it’s boosting production of the Mach E to 200,000 units a year, and that should take care of electric Mustangs for now. But we wouldn’t be surprised if Ford comes out with a hybrid version with blistering performance and much better fuel economy numbers.​

Might still be a while until we see spy pics :-(
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Good find, thanks Chris.

That would make the '22 a long model year (Jan 2022 to March 2023) but then so was the '20MY. So, 3 months longer than we thought........not terrible but, yeah, could mean another couple of months before any spyshots :(

Still, if this means a clean launch with minimal issues, I'm all for it. Plus, it means customers (at least in the US) get their cars late Spring/early Summer.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Man, I really liked it when new cars came out in the fall for the next model year.

Makes me wonder how long a production run lasts? If 2022 MY starts production in Jan, I doubt they'd run past December, mostly because it would mean making a '22 car in 2023. So March thru Dec is 10 months. Anyone know how that compares to recent MY production runs?

And another thing.

200,000 Mock-Eez per year my ass. I want what that guy's smoking.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
They can still make a '22MY car in 2023................the VIN will still state it's a 2022 model year car. So, if these new dates are correct, they'll likely be building '22MY cars in Jan/Feb 2023 before the change over to the '23 in March.

The '20 model year was a long one, Oct 2019 to Jan 2020, thanks to Covid.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Yeah, it's just weird. Such a shift from MYs running September to July or whatever.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I think it’s actually smart to release a MY in that same year ;) Never liked the early dates… FIFA22 is out since September 2021... I never played FIFA but it’s the same with cars…

Back to the topic:
If it’s true that they’ll start selling the S650 in March then I doubt that they are going to build any S550s in 2023. They have to retool FlatRock and if they’ll build hybrids from the get go it might take a little while longer. BMW had to shut down their plant in Munich for several weeks in order to retool and more importantly rebuild parts of the factory as EV components require different assembling lines.

Anyhow, it’s nice that more and more people talk about the S650 :D

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
A little disappointing, but not terribly surprising considering everything was delayed with covid. That being said, it does kinda annoy me that several other brands are open to discussing, and even showing products that aren't even coming out until like 2024 or 2025. Dodges ev muscle car for instance. But ford is still hiding virtually all the details on a car due in early 2023. I mean why? I get the feeling the s650 is either going to be really special, and Ford wants to surprise us, or they were kinda disappointed with how it turned out, and don't really see the need to hype it up as much. Hope it's the former, but time will tell.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
A little disappointing, but not terribly surprising considering everything was delayed with covid. That being said, it does kinda annoy me that several other brands are open to discussing, and even showing products that aren't even coming out until like 2024 or 2025. Dodges ev muscle car for instance. But ford is still hiding virtually all the details on a car due in early 2023. I mean why? I get the feeling the s650 is either going to be really special, and Ford wants to surprise us, or they were kinda disappointed with how it turned out, and don't really see the need to hype it up as much. Hope it's the former, but time will tell.
That's because Dodge teasing a full EV muscle car will only increase their present sales 🤣🤣

With that said, if Ford were to show off an S650 GT with an improved 5.0 (who knows), that might hurt present sales.

Elvis67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
That's because Dodge teasing a full EV muscle car will only increase their present sales 🤣🤣

With that said, if Ford were to show off an S650 GT with an improved 5.0 (who knows), that might hurt present sales.
This is true ,they will have a hard time selling the remaining s550 if they get to much excitement over the new s650.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I mean, with all due respect, virtually every car model released already has an existing version of that model on sale, with so obvious exceptions. I don't believe Ford is holding back on teasing the s650 to preserve existing s550 sales. Virtually everyone who intends to buy a new s550 already has, as evidenced by the s550s declining sales figures. Obviously the pandemic and ongoing part shortages are hurting s550 sales as well, but s550 sales seemed like they were dipping before Covid was really a thing. Teasing the s650 would keep interest in the mustang high, without really harming existing s550 sales as far as I'm concerned. I just can't decide what ford's going to do with this car, because some credible rumors are calling the styling gorgeous, others are saying it's a bit underwhelming. There some are saying it's going to be the most badass mustang ever, and others are saying it's going to be kinda phoned in. Seems like all the rumors we're getting just keep contradicting one another despite all coming from people who supposedly work for Ford 😂

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think Ford were stung by releasing info on the Bronco so early. That, along with supplier-leaked photos meant it felt a looooooooooong time before the product was actually revealed. Add in production delays and some could say the product already felt old on the first day of production.

I'm sure they don't want that with S650.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 02 150, 06 250
I mean, with all due respect, virtually every car model released already has an existing version of that model on sale, with so obvious exceptions. I don't believe Ford is holding back on teasing the s650 to preserve existing s550 sales. Virtually everyone who intends to buy a new s550 already has, as evidenced by the s550s declining sales figures. Obviously the pandemic and ongoing part shortages are hurting s550 sales as well, but s550 sales seemed like they were dipping before Covid was really a thing. Teasing the s650 would keep interest in the mustang high, without really harming existing s550 sales as far as I'm concerned. I just can't decide what ford's going to do with this car, because some credible rumors are calling the styling gorgeous, others are saying it's a bit underwhelming. There some are saying it's going to be the most badass mustang ever, and others are saying it's going to be kinda phoned in. Seems like all the rumors we're getting just keep contradicting one another despite all coming from people who supposedly work for Ford 😂
I've been trying to by a new S550 for the last 12 months. Ford won't build the dang thing.

Elvis67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
I've been trying to by a new S550 for the last 12 months. Ford won't build the dang thing.
Sadly some us will get desperate and get a ecoboost with a Mach-1 front bumper .Just to save gas. Ford should Bring back i6 engine with a turbo for the s650 with some electric assisted motors. Now that would be some nostalgia with new Tech.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Sadly some us will get desperate and get a ecoboost with a Mach-1 front bumper .Just to save gas. Ford should Bring back i6 engine with a turbo for the s650 with some electric assisted motors. Now that would be some nostalgia with new Tech.
Or even a lightweight agile stang with crazy 4cyl-ocoboost (RS style cooling/turbos/etc) hybrid w/electric assisted acceleration +80 ft/lbs of torque...

Dark kona Black w/CF bits and call it a SVO <--- $55k a dancer..
Sponsored