• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Side front profile on s650 the more i see, the more i like!

A much more sophisticated look, still shark / snake like imagery to me. Thats how i have always viewed the front profile. Its got some aggressiveness there while its an obvious evolution of what we have now

Think mach 1, remove the raised headlight angles on the top edge.. S650, flatter top and bottom lines to head lifts.. Complex 3 elements/inserts inside

Bottom airdam similar to mach 1 with fog light cutouts / air intakes, mach e like opening grille with a very well worked contrast bumper insert between headlights/grille and lower bumper

Yes i said i was a little disappointed, i think i still am as i was wanting a bit more overt aggression.. But I'm sure these will work great in person and in the metal
Sponsored

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
Side front profile on s650 the more i see, the more i like!

A much more sophisticated look, still shark / snake like imagery to me. Thats how i have always viewed the front profile. Its got some aggressiveness there while its an obvious evolution of what we have now

Think mach 1, remove the raised headlight angles on the top edge.. S650, flatter top and bottom lines to head lifts.. Complex 3 elements/inserts inside

Bottom airdam similar to mach 1 with fog light cutouts / air intakes, mach e like opening grille with a very well worked contrast bumper insert between headlights/grille and lower bumper

Yes i said i was a little disappointed, i think i still am as i was wanting a bit more overt aggression.. But I'm sure these will work great in person and in the met
That’s sounds similar to the progressive strength sculpture πŸ€”. If so I’m definitely buying!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
So Jem, if you're able to say, can you at least hint at how close the final production design is to the sculpture Ford showed off a while ago? I'm guessing it'll look pretty similar to that, but with obviously more watered down proportions.

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Yes i said i was a little disappointed, i think i still am as i was wanting a bit more overt aggression.. But I'm sure these will work great in person and in the metal
I hear ya.
Things look so different and flat in 2D whether it be a drawing, CAD, or photo, compared to 3D in the metal/flesh.

I remember seeing previous vehicles and being slightly underwhelmed or even disappointed until seeing things in person and in different paint colors where the lightbulb clicks on.

I'm sure it'll be no different this time around.
And as time goes on 'more aggressive' looking variants will come out of it.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I remember my first look at the S550 at the end of the Need For Speed movie. I hated it!! But now as it was said earlier, beloved. Actually beloved might be an understatement. I've never had such strong emotions for a car before mine now. Now here I am with the rest of you on the edge of my seat anxious to see the next generation even when I'm not in the market for a new car for hopefully a long while yet.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
As long as it has great proportions, sporty profile, and decent character lines, I'll love it. Wish the front end was more aggressive, but bumpers are some of the easiest parts to change. The profile and general proportions are the most important aspects of a cars design by far, because those aspects can't be easily changed.

OP
OP

Jem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
So Jem, if you're able to say, can you at least hint at how close the final production design is to the sculpture Ford showed off a while ago? I'm guessing it'll look pretty similar to that, but with obviously more watered down proportions.
sure if you squint hard enough there are some elements, perhaps more so in the rear. And I say elements.

I haven't yet seen a render that has come close to the rear of s650, however there are some lines in the rear of the design sculpture that would give them something more accurate to follow

I see more similarity in some current prod. Models than the front of that sculpture

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
sure if you squint hard enough there are some elements, perhaps more so in the rear. And I say elements.

I haven't yet seen a render that has come close to the rear of s650, however there are some lines in the rear of the design sculpture that would give them something more accurate to follow

I see more similarity in some current prod. Models than the front of that sculpture
I always assumed the black bumper bar on the GT500 was a temperature check from the design folks to gauge acceptance of a larger grille, and if I'm reading between the lines of what you've said so far it sounds like we're getting a botoxed GT500 with a Mach-E style grille in a tailored suit.

Which I could certainly be down with

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Thanks for the bitesize teasers Jem.

If I may ask regarding the S650...

1. Are the amber (orange) reflectors still a part of the headlight housing or are they separate from the headlight like the Mach E?

2. ...any chance the Ice White Appearance package on the '22 Mustangs hinting at optional (or even standard) "Euro-Style" tail-light fixtures for the S650, as opposed to the more traditional red ones?

Once again, thank you! 😊

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-GrandΓ©
Question I have is if the S650 still has the Bumper Cover in front of the Hood, like S550, or is it transitioning to the Hood going all the way to the Grille, like the Older Mustangs and the 2023 Escape Refresh, and Mach e?

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1639834283384

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1639834348400

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1639834686446

Last edited: