Sponsored

S550 styles I have not seen on the road...

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't seen a Mach 1 yet. A guy in my building had a Twister Orange GT500 but he moved. That is the only one I have seen. Someone else in the building had a white Saleen Black Label. No Bullitts either. Plenty of GT's but no NFG. I have seen a couple GT350's. Shockingly have seen at least four Mach-E's but I am in Cali.

OP
OP
TonyNJ

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I haven't seen a Mach 1 yet. A guy in my building had a Twister Orange GT500 but he moved. That is the only one I have seen. Someone else in the building had a white Saleen Black Label. No Bullitts either. Plenty of GT's but no NFG. I have seen a couple GT350's. Shockingly have seen at least four Mach-E's but I am in Cali.
I had to Google NFG! That's definitely a rare color. There was a NFG GT350R posted about on here recently...no stripes. That's a rare gem. I have never seen a Need for Green mustang in person. I think maybe at a dealer but it might've been online. It will be interesting to see how NFGs and NFGs in PP2 and 350 styles age in desirability and 💰

When I was a kid I had a toy car in that exact color. It stood out and I loved it.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I have seen all but the Mach 1 might have seen one and didn’t realize it was one. Have a local new GT 500 that screams going around town and things he is king sh*t until one day he went flying by on the other side of the road and I stomped on it and his neck almost broke trying to see who was louder then him. Hoping to one day come up along side him and see what he thinks of 750 whp to the ground vs the crank…..

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
NJ has BMWs, Mercedes, and Luxury SUVs galore. You would think all the Guido's from the 80s & 90s who cruised the Jersey Shore would be running top end Mustangs all over. I guess they all grew up, had babies and drive those SUVs and European cars now.

Oh yes, I've been working in NJ for a long time. Mostly run into BMW, VW, Audi. Had an Audi S-something larger sedan rip roaring around this morn, nothing to write home about on the return commute. Just a Civic sedan, blacked out, no license plates, crashed up passenger front with an exhaust. Cutting into people , no turn signals, and revving at every light, lol!! I'm no angel, but I have some code of decency, :cwl:

After owning a S550 for a lil bit now, I don't actually see many of them. Much rarer than I thought, go figure.

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So on the lighter side of things, I realized there are a bunch of S550 styles that I still have not seen driving in the wild. In fairness, I haven't attended any car shows, haven't attended any cars & coffee events, and haven't been to the track/drag strip in years. However, I am on the road daily in northern NJ, NYC area, and taken lots of road trips to FL and midwest. And to this day I still haven't seen a:

GT500 driving down the road (once saw one parked outside a restaurant)

GT350R EVER anywhere other than on a showroom floor

A Mach 1 (again only showroom)

A Bullitt (dealership lot, test drove one)

PP2 (owned 1 for over a year, and only saw 1 other briefly after mine was sold)

Is anyone else void of these car sightings in their daily life? I don't live under a rock. Is the NJ/NYC area just not the place for the specialty, daily driven top end Mustangs? I'm feeling cheated. Glad there's M6G and YouTube so I can voyeur vicariously.

p.s. I've fortunately seen about a half dozen or more GT350s and it's always exciting to see and HEAR that awesome car.
Bullitt I see every day I walk into my garage like a giggly child to stare at this thing (still in love 2yrs later), and also love walking to at my work parking lot, because all I can think about (especially now in the winter) is the cold start on those active exhausts. Also one of the reasons that pushed me to finally getting it.
Seen one other Bullitt in the Dayton area and one briefly on the highway and thought: "that looks fuken cool" and wondered if people think that of mine. :crackup:

350/R I've seen on the road couple of times, couldn't tell if it was 350 or 350R. Dealer I got Bullitt from tried to talk me into it, I didn't bite.

GT500 seen the nice orange one with a somewhat older lady driving it, which I thought was cool as shit!

Another GT500 came to the same track event in the fall of 2021, guy had a nice camera and shot some pics of mine and his that he shared.
Can't say Ohio is a Mustang haven, but decent variety.
1642444872977.png

1642444982499.png

Here I am waiting in line to get on the tight circuit right behind him. Cool dude!
1642445067829.png

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Here in Tampa I do see a few GT 350's and 500's but only at shows/cruises and they're mostly the same guys each time, not different ones. I have seen a couple of Mach 1's on the road but no Bullitt's.

I've had my PP2 since March of 2020 and have only seen two at a show or cruise since then. It takes the Marti Report guys 3 years after a production year ends to get the production numbers from Ford so hopefully towards then end of this year we'll know how many PP2's were actually made. My guess is that its considerably less than the any of the other special models, for whatever that's worth. Wonder how history is going to view those.

Its a different generation but I also have a '03 Terminator and they are even more rare to see at a local show and have seen none on any cruises.

I think some guys are buying them as investments and others are just keeping them put away for their own love and appreciation, like mine. Too many crazies on the road for me to drive them during normal drive times, especially now that everyone from every other state seems to be moving here. Never seen so many out of state tags in my life.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
Plenty of S550 GTs and EBs in the Minnesota Twin Cities (all year round). I've seen only 1x GT500 and 1x Mach driving around in the Metro Area in 2021.

But....during the car season here. You'll see every type of S550 (GT500, GT350, Bullit, specialty S550s, etc) at the bigger shows, mostly just parked, and going to and from. Never see the same ones just putting around.

I mostly daily my car three seasons out of the year, so if you're in the Metro area, you'll likely see me around 🤙

truckinguy92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I saw a GT500 near Trenton, NJ not that long ago. I was like wow, one out in the wild in the winter time!

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Only a handful of S550s locally here in southern MN, they're just not very common. I can only think of maybe three or four outside of my '15 and a friend's CO '16 GT/CS and I attend most cruise events during fun car season within a 15-mile radius. There are two GT350s, one Magnetic, one blue, the latter of which is out and about quite a bit on weekends (friendly guy, always waves). The local dealer sold a white '20 GT500 before I could even get there to look at it but I'm not sure if it stayed local, I have yet to see one. As for Mach 1s, I saw a FJG one last summer on the state university campus but I'm guessing it was from out of town since I haven't seen it (or another) since.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I see most S550s regularly at car meets, but the 350R and PP2 are the most rare. I don't think I've seen either of those just driving around "in the wild."

Funny thing is I've seen black, white, and twister orange Mach 1s at car meets, but never a fighter jet gray. However, every Mach 1 I've seen just driving around was FJG. Maybe it was the same guy every time, lol.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
I have seen Bullitts and GT350s but otherwise nothing on your list yet.

OP
OP
TonyNJ

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Here in Tampa I do see a few GT 350's and 500's but only at shows/cruises and they're mostly the same guys each time, not different ones. I have seen a couple of Mach 1's on the road but no Bullitt's.

I've had my PP2 since March of 2020 and have only seen two at a show or cruise since then. It takes the Marti Report guys 3 years after a production year ends to get the production numbers from Ford so hopefully towards then end of this year we'll know how many PP2's were actually made. My guess is that its considerably less than the any of the other special models, for whatever that's worth. Wonder how history is going to view those.

Its a different generation but I also have a '03 Terminator and they are even more rare to see at a local show and have seen none on any cruises.

I think some guys are buying them as investments and others are just keeping them put away for their own love and appreciation, like mine. Too many crazies on the road for me to drive them during normal drive times, especially now that everyone from every other state seems to be moving here. Never seen so many out of state tags in my life.
Thanks for the insightful reply. I too look forward to the PP2 numbers. I really enjoyed my PP2 but this area isn't good to own one....traffic and potholes, construction and a lack of twisties. Some day I'm getting another one.... I hope.

Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP2 Premium Velocity Blue
PP2 owner and most have no idea what it is. It is very hard to ID from a GT. Only seen 500s / 350s in showroom waiting for the owner to haul it off (not driven away). Couple Bullitts. I wish the PP1/2 had a special badging. It is what it is.
Sponsored