Sponsored

S550 styles I have not seen on the road...

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
So on the lighter side of things, I realized there are a bunch of S550 styles that I still have not seen driving in the wild. In fairness, I haven't attended any car shows, haven't attended any cars & coffee events, and haven't been to the track/drag strip in years. However, I am on the road daily in northern NJ, NYC area, and taken lots of road trips to FL and midwest. And to this day I still haven't seen a:

GT500 driving down the road (once saw one parked outside a restaurant)

GT350R EVER anywhere other than on a showroom floor

A Mach 1 (again only showroom)

A Bullitt (dealership lot, test drove one)

PP2 (owned 1 for over a year, and only saw 1 other briefly after mine was sold)

Is anyone else void of these car sightings in their daily life? I don't live under a rock. Is the NJ/NYC area just not the place for the specialty, daily driven top end Mustangs? I'm feeling cheated. Glad there's M6G and YouTube so I can voyeur vicariously.

p.s. I've fortunately seen about a half dozen or more GT350s and it's always exciting to see and HEAR that awesome car.
same here.....I kept seeing a 19 Bullit on my way home from work.....turns out the guy lives around the corner from me :cwl: He used to have an 08 Bullit but must have traded it in. Other than that I haven't seen any others in my driving.
Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
TonyNJ

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Join a MCA club or visit the local track. In my MCA club, there are several GT350s, a couple GT350Rs, Bullitts, and GT500s. I have rode in most of them, and sat in a Ford GT. I had a chance to take a track ride in a GT40, but it overheated when the driver forgot to turn the fans on, and did not cool down in time. I rode in a GT500 instead. I have seen several Mach 1s around, but not been in one.
I hear you about joining an MCA club. I figured these cars would show to in droves to those meet & greets. My post is really geared towards inquiring about who is seeing these special styles just driving around randomly. It's interesting that Ford produced what, 5000 GT500s a year? And I haven't seen one driving to the local market randomly.
Join a MCA club or visit the local track. In my MCA club, there are several GT350s, a couple GT350Rs, Bullitts, and GT500s. I have rode in most of them, and sat in a Ford GT. I had a chance to take a track ride in a GT40, but it overheated when the driver forgot to turn the fans on, and did not cool down in time. I rode in a GT500 instead. I have seen several Mach 1s around, but not been in one.
I usually only drive a few days a week, but I've seen 6 '20+ GT500s in the wild since the beginning of '21, and two more at car meets; but it's been months since I've seen one in the wild (probably since it's winter here now). That doesn't count the dozen or so I saw at the International Mustang Meet in September here in Boise.

Too bad I haven't come up on any of the GT500s while in my ZL1. They're typically driving the opposite direction or turning off ahead of me. Seems to be the same case when I see other sports cars like 911 Turbos, GT-Rs, etc. I've seen a couple of late model McLarens in the last year or so, but both times I was in my wife's Volvo.

I've seen a few '21 Mach 1s but only at meet ups, not out in the wild. I've also seen a couple of GT350Rs at car meets or car meet drives, I don't think I've seen one in the wild but can't remember for sure (i.e., not associated with a car meet up or car meet drive) - the ones I see are typically GT350.

I've seen a few Bullitts in the wild, and one PP2.
Sounds like Boise and Idaho is a place to be for nice cars rolling around. I've been to a lot of places but Boise isn't one of them. Bucket list.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I have seen one Bullitt driving, one Mach1 on a flatbed still new going west on I80 between Joliet and Ottawa. I have seen 1 or 2 GT350s of unknown variety. No GT500s. Not many mustangs around here apparently.

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I'm in the southern part of MN and rarely see even a Mustang GT (not that many lower model s550s either). I did see a mach 1 last year and know two guys close by who drive Shelbys (one GT350 and the other a GT500 CFTP). I'm always surprised that there aren't more out driving but it's not really a practical car for this part of the country...

Sponsored

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
I have seen a few bullitts driving around. One older like a 2014 and one s550 bullitt. Also there was one for sale on my local dealer lot. I have only seen one GT500 and it was at a local cars and coffee where i've also seen a sweet GT40. On the streets daily though... never. Same with GT 350's none on the road, but have seen two or three at a cars and coffee.

OP
OP
TonyNJ

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
App PM
I have seen a few bullitts driving around. One older like a 2014 and one s550 bullitt. Also there was one for sale on my local dealer lot. I have only seen one GT500 and it was at a local cars and coffee where i've also seen a sweet GT40. On the streets daily though... never. Same with GT 350's none on the road, but have seen two or three at a cars and coffee.
Thanks for replying. It's interesting that so many of us are not seeing these cars being driven. I guess a lot of them are tucked away in garages for collectors and garage candy. There's probably going to be a lot of nicely preserved examples of these cars in the future.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
At my work a lady in finance drives a Bullit ... 🙄

OP
OP
TonyNJ

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
At my work a lady in finance drives a Bullit ... 🙄
I think women are drawn to the green. A lady at the bank near me says she drives her husband's bullit often and is always bragging it up, although I still have yet to see it. 👍🧘‍♀️

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My neighbor down the street has a GT500 (so much fun to ride in and listen to) and I've seen a GT350R around a couple times (another side note, there are 5 of us on my block that have S550's which I think is pretty cool). There's a few base GT350's in the area. My local Ford dealer had two Mach1's on the showroom floor that sold quickly and I did see one of them driving around before we got snow and salt. The elusive one for me is the Bullitt, would love to see and hear one in person

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

Saw a GT350 this morning, made a left in front of me, sounded modded.

Saw a Mach1 idling outside a hospital near my house a few months ago, and I think I saw the same car again miles from there at a stop light more recently.

Saw a GT500 rolling through Plano on my way home from work a couple months ago.

Multiple Bullitt sightings in the last few months.

Saw a very pricey Rousch on the showroom floor of 5 Star Ford in Plano a few months ago while I was getting a 2nd key fob programmed.

I've yet to see a GT350R in the wild.

OP
OP
TonyNJ

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Saw a GT350 this morning, made a left in front of me, sounded modded.

Saw a Mach1 idling outside a hospital near my house a few months ago, and I think I saw the same car again miles from there at a stop light more recently.

Saw a GT500 rolling through Plano on my way home from work a couple months ago.

Multiple Bullitt sightings in the last few months.

Saw a very pricey Rousch on the showroom floor of 5 Star Ford in Plano a few months ago while I was getting a 2nd key fob programmed.

I've yet to see a GT350R in the wild.
Texas is where it's at. 👍🤙

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
I have not seen much. I early commute into Central Jersey mostly.

Actually have my Bullitt out today! Trying to take advantage of the low 40's today/tomorrow.

Lots of V-6, Ecoboost, and Verts. All stock and very "speed limit focused", so not any engaging enthusiasts. No waves, smiles, nods.

A couple modded GT's, but never any time to wave, sadly.

A friend owns a 17' GT350, only 350 I have seen on the roads.

I did finally see another Bullitt in the wild! Alas I was driving my fiances Hyundai though, lmfao!!

No GT500 yet, or Mach 1

OP
OP
TonyNJ

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I have not seen much. I early commute into Central Jersey mostly.

Actually have my Bullitt out today! Trying to take advantage of the low 40's today/tomorrow.

Lots of V-6, Ecoboost, and Verts. All stock and very "speed limit focused", so not any engaging enthusiasts. No waves, smiles, nods.

A couple modded GT's, but never any time to wave, sadly.

A friend owns a 17' GT350, only 350 I have seen on the roads.

I did finally see another Bullitt in the wild! Alas I was driving my fiances Hyundai though, lmfao!!

No GT500 yet, or Mach 1
NJ has BMWs, Mercedes, and Luxury SUVs galore. You would think all the Guido's from the 80s & 90s who cruised the Jersey Shore would be running top end Mustangs all over. I guess they all grew up, had babies and drive those SUVs and European cars now.

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Pre Cov I used to see loads of ecoB and mustang gt verts on the roads here as it is a tourist area and figured out they were mostly rentals. Rental co doesnt seem to have those on offer now since most stock was sold off. The most in a day I've ever seen was countless verts on a tour of the Cali pacific coast hwy back when it was fully open pre slides. Lost count and figured out it was some sort of contest promo Ford was running. Was more than 100. Very cool.
Sponsored