Sponsored

S550 Rear Differential Mount Bolts - ISSUES & RESOLUTIONS: Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MICHPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Is there any benefit to running the Lethal through bolt kit instead of the increased shank OE style bolt from earlier in this thread (posts 94-95) if you're putting them on stock bushings, no inserts, NA, and no plans to drag race?
Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Is there any benefit to running the Lethal through bolt kit instead of the increased shank OE style bolt from earlier in this thread (posts 94-95) if you're putting them on stock bushings, no inserts, NA, and no plans to drag race?
I'm curious as well. Can the Lethal Extreme Diff Bolt kit or BMR RH017 hardware upgrade kit be used with stock bushings and no inserts ? I'll be mostly NA and autocross/track the car.
@KellTrac, can you please advise ?

Last edited:

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Here is the link for the upgraded hardware kit with billet rear bushing inserts.

You can use the code FS6KA to purchase them from this link ;)

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1764&superpro=0

*This specific RH017 Kit works with the BMR BK051 diff insert kit, and should work with other available insert or lockout kits.

*RH018 for 100% stock bushings will be available shortly.
I don't see RH018 on your website, did this kit ever come out ? or can RH017 be used with stock bushings ?

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
It has been a while. I do not think they ever carried through with my stock bushing bolt kit I had come up with. I drove all this stuff when I was there, but naturally these sort of low cost kits tend to have a pretty low ROI and high opportunity cost for massive operations like BMR etc.

I have a stock bushing kit of my own, but it is definitely a big boy kit. Much larger and higher quality than anything that has been shown in here. It does 100% require drilling (with the provided bit) all 4 diff mount ears and the front threaded bushings. Torque comes in at a much greater 160ftlbs too.

http://kelltrac.com/Big-Bertha-Diff-Bolt-Kit-Stock-Bushings_p_83.html

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
It has been a while. I do not think they ever carried through with my stock bushing bolt kit I had come up with. I drove all this stuff when I was there, but naturally these sort of low cost kits tend to have a pretty low ROI and high opportunity cost for massive operations like BMR etc.

I have a stock bushing kit of my own, but it is definitely a big boy kit. Much larger and higher quality than anything that has been shown in here. It does 100% require drilling (with the provided bit) all 4 diff mount ears and the front threaded bushings. Torque comes in at a much greater 160ftlbs too.

http://kelltrac.com/Big-Bertha-Diff-Bolt-Kit-Stock-Bushings_p_83.html
Thanks, that kit is nice but I'm still debating if it's worth it for my usage since it involves significant amount of work drilling all bushings, ears and also clearance diff surface. I'm concerned about NVH since mine is a DD and therefore skipped the lockout inserts. So I'm trying to determine if I could make either the BMR RH017 kit or Lethal Performance Extreme Diff Bolt kit work with stock bushings for a simpler solution.

If not, I might end up getting the Big Bertha kit from your site.

Sponsored

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
The RH017 kit will not work with stock bushings. The Lethal Kit will with a little bit of thought by shimming etc.....but you still have to drill with the Lethal Kit.

Good luck! If you ever need anything lmk

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
The RH017 kit will not work with stock bushings. The Lethal Kit will with a little bit of thought by shimming etc.....but you still have to drill with the Lethal Kit.

Good luck! If you ever need anything lmk
I'll probably go ahead and order the Bertha kit from your site then. BMR customer service rep told me that RH017 would work with stock bushing which was kind of misleading. Thanks

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Well it can work yes, but not as it should.

The front two bolts bottom out into each other. Lol. So you can just use one and have minimal threading and a front setup that's not much stronger than a stock configuration.

If youre going to shoot for upgrading these bolts but want it all plug and play, youre honestly chasing wind IMO

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
FWIW, I ended up using 12.9 rated SHCS's on the rearward and forward (pointing to the rear) positions. There's no way to properly tighten a SHCS when using it in the middle (pointing forward) position, so I used a hex head 10.9 there as 12.9 hex bolts aren't commonly made in those lengths. This was all in conjunction with the BMR red puck kit. It's probably all unnecessary, since I'm running an Eco and don't do drag launches, but it's a little bit of added insurance for not much $$$.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.