Sponsored

S550 Owners - do you have an Emergency Roadside kit?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So do any of you have an Emergency Roadside kit in your trunk?

If so, what brand and what does it contain? There’s so many varieties available....

If you put together your own DIY Emergency kit, what does it include?

Do any of you have these Kits:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Facto...005332&hash=item280a679dfb:g:PkgAAOSw6GJZ94eW

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Vehic...784772&hash=item4af2c2e4d7:g:A5sAAOSw-xVZ9OUk

—-

In my S550, I have the “50 Year Mustang” bag and did my own kit, but it’s not complete.

It contains:
Hand held battery jump box - these things work great! The unit also has the multi-ports on it for charging any mobile device.

Heavy duty paper towels

Mechanix gloves

Winter hat & gloves

Full size cotton towel

Tire pressure gauge

Jumper cables (in the event my jump box fails)

2 bottles of water (for drinking or if in need to “clean” anything from cuts to spills)

LED flashlight that has multi-function capability for being an emergency beacon

Misc. screw drivers/wrenches (never know)

Disinfectant wipes

Extra disposable masks (for these COVID times)

Extendable Ice scraper (outside bag)
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
No "kit" or single bag but lots of stuff in nooks and crannies.
Keep a jump pack and self made tool kit (tools, rubber gloves, zip ties,, tire guage, electrical tape, etc), there's always water in the car, a small fleece blanket, multi function flashlight, spare fuses, a towel or two, an umbrella, masks, wipes and hand sanitizer. Thats always in the car. During winter there's a heavy coat in the trunk. No ice scraper because it's never parked in the elements at home or work and they're just not that needed much this far south.
AAA is great and I have it but it's often a long wait for them and I'd as soon change my own tire than wait.
The tools and stuff I carry have never been used on my car but have helped friends more than once.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh yes - I forgot about AAA (and been a member over 15 years now LMAO)....

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I have the AA spare in the trunk and a manual transmission in case I need to push start it... im covered for most worst case scenarios!

Sponsored

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
what we had in our car:

* paper towels
* paper tissues
* lots of water
* gloves
* blanket
* snacks that won't expire or degrade of overheating (such as nuts)
* medicine chest (not a stock one—wife put together a custom one. I can ask what's inside if anyone's interested.)
* a small fire extinguisher
* hand sanitizer
* masks
* moisturizing lotion (my hands always fell awful after applying sanitizer)
* plastic forks/spoons
* some cardboard pods in the trunk just in case we'd have to put something dirty there.
* also the car came with a mini spare wheel included. The next one won't but I'm already convinced I'll have to get AA one.

Finally we found it helpful to keep some sort of organizer for small stuff on the back seat. Without it, stuff is all over the place. We had this one. It's not perfect, but far better than nothing.

Last edited:

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a small tool bag and filled it to the brim with hand tools of all sorts for around 100 bucks from harbor freight. Included is a bunch of zip ties, ratchet straps, screwdrivers, socket wrenches and sockets, box wrenches, wire cutters, gorilla tape, allen wrenches, magnetic flashlights, tire plug kit and anything else that you fancy while shopping. I also bought a spare tire kit from Ford (non PP car), have jumper cables and a battery jump box. A small first aid kit for cuts and scrapes is in there too but no trauma kit. I kept the inflator that came with the car in case I need to put air in a tire after plugging it. As a nerdy extra thing, I put reflective tape on the inside of the trunk area that can only be seen when the trunk is popped. That way if I'm broken down, there's a lot more reflective surface bouncing back at drivers. I also use my trunk at night quite a bit, so I wired up two 12" LED strips from Autozone to the trunk light circuit and stuck them to the rear speaker shelf. Lights up the trunk area nicely so I don't need a flashlight to see what I'm doing.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have one of the true emergency kits - like the ones in the links that come with bandages etc for if an accident occurs (or come upon one to assist)?

Good responses!

@Pronichkin - fire extinguisher - definitely a good idea! I’ll have to look for an auto-specific one to purchase!

@ORRadtech - zip ties & rubber gloves - definitely more good items to have in a kit. I’ll have to add those too.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Does anyone have one of the true emergency kits - like the ones in the links that come with bandages etc for if an accident occurs (or come upon one to assist)?
I used to carry a first aid kit. In every vehicle especially when I worked out of my truck.
But I have stopped doing that. I found that the only thing I really used was the occasional bandaid, every thing else would end up expired and, basically, useless. Now I keep a zip lock bag in the glove box with a few bandaids. Oh, and the wife keeps an Epi pen too.
Where I live, and am likely to travel, EMS are never more than a few minutes away and there are "minute clinics" on every other street corner. Should I need to give aid, I have towels to staunch blood flow and the aforementioned zip ties for tourniquets.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB

Good responses!

@Pronichkin - fire extinguisher - definitely a good idea! I’ll have to look for an auto-specific one to purchase!

@ORRadtech - zip ties & rubber gloves - definitely more good items to have in a kit. I’ll have to add those too.
I have the second kit ($60). I have only ever used the jumper cables and they are not great. Very difficult to jump the car with them.

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Yep.

I keep a list of 'rollback' owner/operators handy for whatever
area I'm driving in.*
I've also asked a few acquaintances that have a rollback if
they will come for me when I call...........
Also have roadside assistance.

(...also keep a list in both Harleys)*

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
First Aid kit, Fire Extingusher, small tool kit for loose hose or something small. Besides that yea AAA

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Yep. A sidearm, a rifle, spare mags, a lifestraw, tourniquet, and government resources.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
What's an ice scraper ? Is that like a window squeegee ................ :rockon:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
And this .............. One never know how long till the roll back gets there.

1608523318383.png
Sponsored