S550 owner shows off - into pole

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Definitely the drivers fault, he seen that pole and he tried to get all tokyo drift with it, like it was going to hand him it's phone number out of the window lol. My doughnut days have been over ever since i messed up my rear differential with my 05. :blush:
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
They were able to change lighting and move features on the fly, it wasn't traditional rendering. Nothing scripted about being able to change, swap, and rearrange digital assets on set.

I would put forth Forza Horizon 4 for pretty/flashy and Asseto Corsa for best rendering of real driving. iRacing has probably the best physics, but the graphical capabilities are a bit behind. All of them feature extensive car customization. You could easily use a render from the game as a basis to fake something like this. Mix in real footage, composite in an actual location, and sweeten the whole thing a bit with After Effects.

I'm also curious about the rig you're rocking. I'm personally eyeing up the latest gen GPU's that are dropping. Can't wait to see the Big Navi event at the end of October.
Are we both talking about the Mandorlorian video game on PS4? I didn't see anything that comes close to the complexity of that video in that game.

Anyway, as has been noted, the effort required to create a fake video would be extensive. In order to create those smoke effects, you would basically have to do frame by frame modifications.

My PC is getting old. All of my old PC gaming friends are gone. I was forced to switch to XBox in order to play with my sons. I still play around with several versions of the Quake and Unreal engines on my PC, but it's just for fun. I stopped working in game development when Call of Duty was moved to a different development team. I have hacked into several XBox games, but that's getting pretty far off topic.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
If it keeps on spinning', Mustang's goin' to break
If it keeps on spinning', Mustang's goin' to break
When the Mustang breaks I'll have no car to drive
Mean old Mustang taught me to weep and moan
Lord mean old Mustang taught me to weep and moan
It's got what it takes to make a car man leave his home

Cryin' won't help you prayin' won't do you no good
Now cryin' won't help you prayin' won't do you no good
When the Mustang breaks mama you got to move
All last night sat on the Mustang and moaned
All last night sat on the Mustang and moaned

Going down now, going down
Going d-d-d-d-down
Woo, woo

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The Mandolorian series was filmed on a set with wraparound LED walls instead of a traditional greenscreen. The effects and backdrops were all "there" during filming. They used Unreal engine to not only render the scenes live, but to modify them in between takes. Don't like the lighting, move the suns of Tatooine in the virtual sky. That building looks out of place, move it to the corner. The actors were able to interact with the scenery, not just a blank wall. Since the camera has the scenery, and the computer has the render cues, the finished effects get turned around in a day as opposed to weeks/months. It's pretty amazing how that show was made. It also shows what game engines are capable of.

Screen_Shot_2020_04_23_at_9.53.57_AM.jpeg
I have played with the Unreal engine since the first version in 2002. I could tell you stories....
But, the Unreal engine as used for creating simulations for movies is not representative of what must be done in a game. For starters, movie simulations don't have packets, server and client prediction logic.

Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Must say, after watching it in full screen a few times, it looks like a simulation. The lamps on the light poles look simulated, most of the white space markers are pristine and the buildings in the background look simulated. There is also a little lag here and there of things in the background not moving consistently or evenly.

In addition, I noticed that even with all of the noise and a crash, no lights in what looks like an apartment complex to the left came on and there is on one on any of the balconies. I would think someone would have turned on a light, gone out to see what was going on, or yelled at them to knock it off - and surely there would have been at least one dog barking!

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Ok, what does netcode have anything to do with a local render? Oh, wait, nothing. It has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Y'all have a nice day now.
I was merely pointing out I had other issues to deal with when I used the Unreal engine.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I don't know about it being fake. The image quality is rather poor in the OP link. Lack of detail and frame rate can make it look like CGI.

If you watch this video, it looks much more real. Pay close attention to the driver in the silver car. The reaction on her face is hard to replicate in a simulation. Looks legit to me.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
It's real. Happened here in Knoxville.

kodioneill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 GT Kona Blue
2 Ways I know it's real.

1. It sounds too good. No matter how good graphics have gotten, they always lack in replicating true sound.

2. The windshield wipers came on lol. Everytime somebody crashes, spins out or whatever..the windshield wipers are always on after everything has settled. It's like it's a feature lol.
And you can see the air bag deploy. It's real.
Sponsored