Sponsored

S550 may be eliminated sooner rather then later...

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
S-550 is to be replaced by the s-650, the mech-E is the electric version mustang, separate from the gas versions.
Sponsored

Reap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harald
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang 2017 Mustang
When the rolling brown outs hit more frequently I’ll smile even more in my 550.
True. California will really be screwed since they have power problems already plus they want to ban gas cars in a few years. How oblivious can they be to the coming disaster when there are flashing warning signs already.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm going to throw this out there , being a Ford tech for way too long and am ev certified . I have a focus all elictric that has a coolant leak in the bottom battery. To repair both batteries need to be replaced , not an issue . Let's think about this , ford is covering this under warranty, this repair is over 12k . The value of this car is at best 6.5k . All electric and warranty spend don't make sense. Wouldn't it be better to offer the customer a huge trade in offer . Now that would make you wonder why the hell the price of this shit is so much .

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Unfortunately EV's are not being driven by the market, they are being driven by politics.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I know one driver that will never own drive electric. Thinking about RC, not much improvement for the run time there. Also knowing the $$$$ difference of the R&D is to be considered.

But a battery is a battery.
Yep, I would never by a battery car

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Wait until the kids start driving the electric Mustangs (the real ones, not the SUV thing) and smoking all us old guys in gassers!
No big deal here, as there's been plenty of cars that have been faster than any of mine over the years. The kids will be driving cars that will be controlled and torque-managed by computer to the point where you could teach a chimp to do nearly as well. Let the kids run against the chimps for pinks.

4 wheel drive with 4 brushless drive motors, one on each wheel. Just let that sink in and imagine the possibilities there folks.
Fast, sure. But uncompetitive as far as driver satisfaction in his own part of it all is concerned. No way for him to make improvements on what has presumably been optimized by computers and electronic sensors. No reason for him to get any better as a driver. No thanks.

Norm

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Been aging that all along. Coupe sales are becoming increasingly smaller over time as car companies push big SUVs and crossovers because they’re more profitable. Now the Mach-e was named Mustang because I estimated that in about 10 years, perhaps less, the Mach-e will be the Mustang and the coupes will Ben discontinued. Perhaps there will be a coupe in a high dollar price range like the Corvette- produced in limited numbers, but the days of the “coupe for the everyman” are definitely numbered. No matter what powers them. The only way to stop it is to push buying coupes again. All coupes. Don’t know how to do that, but IMO, it’s the only way to stave off they elimination of the Mustang as we know it.
But is that really true, Dodge has GAINED and outsells Mustang and Camaro with its VERY old circa 2008 chassis ect...they just add a few tweaks and power....people eat them up they sell nicely...so THEY at least show there is a market

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Dodge has GAINED and outsells Mustang and Camaro
Are you talking about all Dodge performance vehicles or just the Challeger? If its the former it’s apples and oranges. If it’s the latter it’s not true. Mustang outsells them both.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
But is that really true, Dodge has GAINED and outsells Mustang and Camaro with its VERY old circa 2008 chassis ect...they just add a few tweaks and power....people eat them up they sell nicely...so THEY at least show there is a market
? the mustang has vastly outsold the challenger every year the past 10 years. this one included. It also sells about double of what the Camaro does.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Are you talking about all Dodge performance vehicles or just the Challeger? If its the former it’s apples and oranges. If it’s the latter it’s not true. Mustang outsells them both.
I've read several articles where challenger/charger has been outselling mustang by a wide margin now surprised me too....

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/s550-may-be-eliminated-sooner-rather-then-later.151598/

Late 2019...and thats just challenger add in the sister car which has all the same choices from V6, RT, Scat Pack, Hellcat, Hellcat Redeye and Widebodies....

They are showing the world there is ABSOLUTELY a market for American Muscle...

It wasn't meant that they are better or outsell Mustang ect but that there is a sizeable demand for big power American V8s....

Now if Ford goes to electric only dont give me the bullshit that the customer don't want it, the government may want it, there may even be more money in it but its not because the customer wants it.....because that Challenger boat is OLD and selling well....they never had to go to 0% 84 either during Covid19...a fact I literally brought to their corporate offices...

I know my car is worth more now than it was 6 months ago, but Ford was giving Mustangs away back then....Dodge was adding ADM for even their 50th anniversary haha....

Its not a Ford vs Dodge its a V8 vs electric thread I thought, and they are growing

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
Unfortunately EV's are not being driven by the market, they are being driven by politics.
Bingo! The automobile didn't need govt incentives to replace the horse. Similarly, internal combustion engines didn't need govt incentives to beat steam power.

When electric cars become economically viable, everyone will be buying them. Right now they are toys for wealthy people, or objects of virtue signaling for the "woke" crowd.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
When I was weighing what to get it was between the Mustang GT or a Tesla model 3. This was my first purchase new and what tipped the scale was the realization that the Mustang would most likely be the last and only gas vehicle I will ever buy.

Fuck the future, 16 year old me would be so proud of me now!

Plus the range and charging issues still abound.
Serious question. What does it cost for a model 3 to trap 130? Mine's not as S550, but I just went 10.86 @ 130 for a total of:

http://luxjo.supermotors.net/MUSTANG GT/ATCO/27 OCT 2020/20201027_175733a.jpg

305/35-18 MT STREET S/S DR--$629.90
AMR -18X10 and 18X8 RIMS ---$559.96 (used stock 235's up front)
UPR X-pipe------------------------$259.46
Roush Stg 3 TVS------------------$6199.99
SCT tuner and VMP tune---------$712.64
Octane boost----------------------$59.98
Roush upper control arm---------$253.95
Roush alum lower control arms---$200.00
Lightweight battery/terminals-----$120.25

Total---------------------------------$8996.13

Free stuff-------
Removed spare/jack/trunk carpet
Homemade rear seat delete (cardboard and some black fabric)
Removed mats

Plus car(new)

14 GT (auto as only option)-------- $27, 529

Total--------------------------------- $36.525.13

Yes, an AWD 3 would rip me a new one out of the hole on the street, but even with the quick accel, you don't get that rush (or sounds) from the higher speed you get on the cheap, from a base coyote stang GT/auto with a blower.
Sponsored