Sponsored

S550 exterior Wellvisors - anyone have for a review?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
We all know that it’s a PIA to crack open an S550 window for fresh air when it is raining or has rained, because the whole interior door panel and your seat will get drenched with incoming rain water off the roof line...

I saw these exterior visors on eBay and was wondering if anyone has ordered a set or installed them yet. Any “real life” experiences with them from an installation, performance or functional perspective?

The design looks nice and their low profile as well:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/183903409068
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I had the weathertech version of these on my GTI, they work, but it's also almost completely pointless, unless you have your window cracked, forget to roll it up, and it rains. Or just want to leave it cracked all the time. My main issues are that they almost always add extra wind noise inside the cabin, and secondly they deform the weather seal over time unless they're they stick on with double sided tape.

So, not completely helpful since it doesn't apply to this car, but that's my experience.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I had the weathertech version of these on my GTI, they work, but it's also almost completely pointless, unless you have your window cracked, forget to roll it up, and it rains. Or just want to leave it cracked all the time. My main issues are that they almost always add extra wind noise inside the cabin, and secondly they deform the weather seal over time unless they're they stick on with double sided tape.

So, not completely helpful since it doesn't apply to this car, but that's my experience.
Aren't your complaints exactly what these are for? It's for having your windows cracked open while there is rain (cooler temps, don't need to run AC) or if you want to leave it open slightly all day without needing to worry if there is rain (lets the air run through to keep it fresh and not quite as hot just sitting in the sun).

These don't look like they touch the seal either though and are 3M so addresses two of your complaints.

Definitely interested in feedback anyone else might have on this particular set though, looks low key enough but almost like it's too small to really be able to open the window much.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I believe the design is so that water or moisture will transfer from the roof line or A-pillars and extend outward past the normal path water would follow (right onto the door panel or into interior). Usually as we all know, even if the window is cracked, just a spritz from the windshield washer and a wipe of the blades will transfer water right into the cabin...

If these are installed and as low profile as they seem, it’s an extension of the roof line just enough past the ledge of the door. If the water comes off the A-pillars or roof line, it seems that these visors are preventing the water (from rain, moisture or windshield washer) from just dumping into the cabin.

I’m really curious myself what these look like up close, in person and how they really function.

MikeMr305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
From my previous experience with well visors they dont work well in the rain and i never trusted leaving the windows cracked while parked. My last car was a hyundai veloster and the weird shape of the window made water creep through towards the back.
The ones on the mustang dont look like thet come down enough to prevent water from entering whatsoever but i havnt tested them in the rain yet.
They dont come down far enough to crack the window while parked either because of the framless door. It did not come with instructions or photos for proper installation though so your first stick is where its gunna stay. I didnt realize i left it a bit high off the back quarter window and its too late to fix but it doesnt look terrible so i dont really care.
All in all, my first experience with the hyundai was much better as it came with instructions and it was door frame mounted.
If you want these for anything other than preventing buffeting while driving with windows down, i wouldn't recommend. That's the main reason i got these for my last 2 vehicles and they are exceptional in that regard.
Other brands are really ugly also which is why i pay the premium for the low profile wellvisors.
They blended perfectly on the Veloster. Not so much on the mustang but its not terrible
20210518_154201.jpg
20210518_154149.jpg
20210518_154145.jpg
IMG_20200915_165344_703.jpg
IMG_20200816_131119_737.jpg
IMG_20200423_173733_516.jpg
Sponsored