Sponsored

S550 Diff cooler build overview, electrical instal, and An fittings

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Will, do you have a diagram and/or parts list for your build? I am planning my own DIY kit right now, (-6AN lines).

Specifically looking for the check valve and its location.
Do you want a under the car install or spare tire well install. I can provide both later tonight
What size AN fitting did you guys settle on for the upper return line ?

WD :like:

OP
OP
1 old racer

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
For track use in the spare tire well I used all 8AN fittings. When I reinstalled it under the car for general street and mountain carving use, I used 6AN. Please note that if I didnt already have the cooler components I would not have reinstalled the cooler for street use. For street use I truly feel that just a exhaust wrap is all you will ever need.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
For track use in the spare tire well I used all 8AN fittings. When I reinstalled it under the car for general street and mountain carving use, I used 6AN. Please note that if I didn't already have the cooler components I would not have reinstalled the cooler for street use. For street use I truly feel that just a exhaust wrap is all you will ever need.
Agree, if even that.

My car is DD and track use. The 180F thermal switch means it never even switches on for daily driving.

My DIY system uses -6AN lines throughout. Overall, it's a small oiling system, so...

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
For track use in the spare tire well I used all 8AN fittings. When I reinstalled it under the car for general street and mountain carving use, I used 6AN. Please note that if I didnt already have the cooler components I would not have reinstalled the cooler for street use. For street use I truly feel that just a exhaust wrap is all you will ever need.
Agree, if even that.

My car is DD and track use. The 180F thermal switch means it never even switches on for daily driving.

My DIY system uses -6AN lines throughout. Overall, it's a small oiling system, so...
Thanks guys :like:

Truth be known, I am future proofing for something I may not need (Iā€™m likely road use only, and the pipes are already coated with a thermal coating).

I have my an old diff cover that due to a snapped bolt, has now been drilled out and counterbored for a M16 bolt conversion.

Whilst it was on the mill, I took the opportunity to add the third port :

1708814817300.jpeg

But the thread didnā€™t cut perfect ā€¦ (good and strong, but not smooth).

Rather than just add a bung, and ā€˜maybeā€™ try to add a fitting later (under the car, with an oily thread etc etc), Iā€™m going to seal an AN adapter in there whilst itā€™s dry, on the bench, and easy to work on.

I will cap the adapter so itā€™s ready to go in future if needed, without having to disturb the sealed thread :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored