Sponsored

S550 Diff cooler build overview, electrical instal, and An fittings

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Good write up! I'm sure it will benefit others in the future for open track events where rear differential temps can be excessive.

Where you able to document before and after temps using the factory rear differential readout in the dash cluster?
Sponsored

OP
OP
1 old racer

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks and not yet. Please note, that the first layer of heat protection is to install header wrap on the exhaust pipes that goes around the diff. To most that will be enough. But for those that really push it for several sessions in a day, using a diff cooler is the best way to start that next session at the lowest possible temp. There are other ways to achieve this, such as jacking the rear of the car up and playing a high vol. fan under the car directed at the diff to get the air moving down there. As you push your mustang pick the best method that fits you the best.

OP
OP
1 old racer

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I added the uncut video of the electrical install

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Will

Great reference & build video, just the type of thing I like. :thumbsup: Book marked this, the parts information supplied, most valuable.

Laughed when you mention plumbing being half the price of the parts......... Boy do I ever know that is true. Have a drawer (small) full. Like Aeroquip cause they are reusable. And having purchased braided line by the box, got the plumbing . Check valve nice touch....

Very well done
And thank you
Greg

been playing
IMG_0394.jpeg

OP
OP
1 old racer

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you RR. And the header wrap does a great job till you get fast that is when you need the extra help.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you RR. And the header wrap does a great job till you get fast that is when you need the extra help.
A picture of crawling before walking. Was going to ask about the rear cover, thinking it was plain. And where to find the cover with ports for the oil lines.

Remembered I took this picture and it answered my question, thank you Ford.....

Cheers

OP
OP
1 old racer

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
good luck and if you have any questions jut let me know. one other option you can consider is to put the pump in the spare tire well and the cooler under the car right behind the swaybar.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
good luck and if you have any questions jut let me know. one other option you can consider is to put the pump in the spare tire well and the cooler under the car right behind the swaybar.

Good thought, think I remember a flat area that has some device offset to the side, in that area.

Going to look for a way to make the wire runs on the under side. Not looking forward to pulling the interior apart The tattoo on the arm, same one the sound tube makes :devil:

OP
OP
1 old racer

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
and now about AN fittings

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
Has anybody tried to add air ducting directed to the diff? I imagine even small diam tubing 3-4”, not to affect clearance, might help while tracking at speed. Thoughts?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody tried to add air ducting directed to the diff? I imagine even small diam tubing 3-4”, not to affect clearance, might help while tracking at speed. Thoughts?
won't work. all of the air in the vicinity is already quite hot. and furthermore cast iron is HORRIBLE at shedding heat. You need surface area and the only way to do that is to get a finned back plate (about $500 from M6G member) or a radiator.

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
have you ever checked what the trunk temp equalizes at on a hot day at the track?

OP
OP
1 old racer

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
At the end of a 2nd session on a 80 deg day the trunk temp was 10 deg warmer the the floor behind the driver's seat. If that tell anything. I should mention that I turned the cooler on on the cool down lap and left it on for about 10 mins after I parked in the pit area.
I did relocate it to under the car because I am not going to be tracking the car for at least a year and I need my trunk's tire well to store my spare. I dont like it there because I truly do feel the spare tire well provides the best place to keep the pump cool and it does get a lot of air flow with the windows down and the rear seat down

Last edited:

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Will, do you have a diagram and/or parts list for your build? I am planning my own DIY kit right now, (-6AN lines).

Specifically looking for the check valve and its location.

OP
OP
1 old racer

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you want a under the car install or spare tire well install. I can provide both later tonight
Sponsored