Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I had the good fortune of getting in contact with Dan from S550 Carbon through Instagram. They are a mustang enthusiast company out of Ohio with a focus on carbon fiber components for S550 Mustang platform. The company actually ended up sponsoring my car as they are looking to move into the GT350 market. I am working with them on developing a rear diffuser and some other products. From time to time I will be testing out some of their components and reviewing them on material quality, ease of install, design, and fitment.

The product I just installed from them is their carbon fiber side mirror covers. Initial impressions out of the box are great. The carbon fiber weaving is flawless, great luster, and very light. Much better than the dull carbon fiber wrap I had on the mirrors, and comparable in price.

Installation was very straight forward. Double sided tape to attach them over the factory gloss black mirrors. Several strategically placed pieces of tape for the most contact and to prevent them from ripping off if you brush past the mirror with your clothing. S550 Carbon sends you all the components you need for install, but no instructions since there isn't a "wrong" way to do this per se. Below are some pics of what I did.

Be sure to wipe everything with the alcohol wipe before placing any tape and let it air dry. I recommend seating the bottom of the mirror cap first and then rotating it on to the top portion. Going to want to ensure the mirror is fully recessed into the pocket of the cap before you engage all the tape. Once they are all mated up keep even pressure on the taped areas with both hands for at least 60 seconds.

Install altogether took me 30 minutes, and that includes me explaining to the wife why I was in the garage at 10pm. The fitment is SPOT ON. Retail on these is $169 and worth the cost in my opinion. S550 Carbon is still building its web page but If anyone is interested in ordering let me know and I will get you in contact with Dan, as well as 5% off your order. S550 Carbon has several other offerings for the GT350 interior/exterior as well. R style wing, GT350 CF steering wheel, CF tail light bezels, CF decklid panel, CF trunk, CF interior kit, and CF gas cap. I will be reviewing some of their other items shortly as I decide what will look good on the car. They have a CF rear diffuser but I am working with them on some design changes. Looking forward to the revision so I can install and review it for you guys

:cheers:
Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Caps look great. I may be interested in picking up a set in a few weeks.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Caps look great. I may be interested in picking up a set in a few weeks.
Sounds good. I will get some good outside pics soon when I do another shoot of the car :thumbsup:

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Those are nice. I'm interested.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Those are nice. I'm interested.
I will send you a PM

Should have some better pics up today or tomorrow now that I have applied a coat of sealant and wax

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
A few I've looked at seem to show the paint on the mirrors around the edges. Looks like these fit properly.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ended up ordering mine today!

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
A few I've looked at seem to show the paint on the mirrors around the edges. Looks like these fit properly.
I think that has been the main problem with most being offered currently. If these didn't fit as good as they do I would have taken them off the car for sure.
Ended up ordering mine today!
Sweet. Looking forward to seeing them. Here is another picture after some chemical guys jet seal and a coat of wax.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
These look really nice.

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

Gray Area GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
I am interested in a set of those as well and more than likely future parts he may offer.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed mine earlier this week. The fitment was spot on even with the turn signal reliefs. Nice to see it didn't have overhangs or gaps.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I am interested in a set of those as well and more than likely future parts he may offer.
PM sent
I installed mine earlier this week. The fitment was spot on even with the turn signal reliefs. Nice to see it didn't have overhangs or gaps.
Sweet! Pics of them on the R!!

How was the write up? did it work well for you?

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did mine a little differently. Well actually my detailer did it. He also does vinyl etc and has a very good eye for detail so I asked his opinion on the best way. The car was spotless but still did an alcohol wipe to the contact surfaces. He placed the tape along the outline of the mirror and a piece on the middle with the backing still on and did one final dry fit. Once I was satisfied we exposed the adhesive and took the cap pretty much straight back onto the tape. Since there wasn't no fitting and everything lined up well on test fits we just made sure it was as close as possible before making contact with the tape. Then pressed on well and held the caps on the tape like you did for between 45-60 seconds. Repeated on the other side.

He was also happy to see the tape wasn't ultra thick/spongy as he was concerned the thickness could alter fitment but the provided tape is nice and thin with good adhesive. Granted I won't be hitting the seams with my gas power washer but i'll just be a tad more gentle than normal on the caps.

I haven't even had a chance to drive the car this week between work, road construction in front of my work etc so hoping this weekend to get some pics if the weather complies
Sponsored