Sponsored

S197 Hybrid - 2006 Mustang with S550 guts

tangermean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Gt350, 68 Coupe
I suggested the predator because they seem to be more reliable long term than a voodoo. I mean , there is a reason the Europeans haven't built a flat plane v8 over 4 liters, maybe because the weird harmonics that are developed from a flat plane is greatly exaggerated in larger displacements and that greatly reduces its reliability. GM is about to get the same lesson ford learned with the voodoo with the new Z06 engine, a 5.5 liter flat plane v8. Just my opinion, but it's something to think about.
I know I know :frown: and even though I have read all about it and looked through the issues I still bought one!
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Making progress! Unfortunately I know I’m probably pulling all of this out again at some point… For now though it’s in!

8DEC7056-57CD-4A93-852C-57C8205C0D42.jpeg

13AA4320-17AA-45DD-A97E-A18B4FF4C8C3.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Ok so here is a crazy thought….

Predator/10r80 or 7.3 Godzilla (cam upgrade)/10r80?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
While I would love to see a street legal godzilla swap into a s197 or 550, the only controller for a 10 speed on a godzilla is the ford racing setup and its for the 10R140. I've heard us shift is working on one, I've also heard their 6r80 controller is not as good as the ford setup. Take that as you will, I just saying what I heard.

On the plus side you can now build a N/A pump gas godzilla that makes 700+ hp and enough torque to reverse the earths rotation.

If you decide on a godzilla, check out https://www.willisengines.com/
it's run by Brian Wolfe an ex ford performance engineer and back in the fox body heyday he used his own foxbody mustang as a test mule for ford racing parts like the GT 40 intake and heads and the B303 cam. That same fox body was the first to run 11's without pulling the engine out of the car, and the was in the early 90's when an 11.9x was haulin ass for a street car.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
While I would love to see a street legal godzilla swap into a s197 or 550, the only controller for a 10 speed on a godzilla is the ford racing setup and its for the 10R140. I've heard us shift is working on one, I've also heard their 6r80 controller is not as good as the ford setup. Take that as you will, I just saying what I heard.

On the plus side you can now build a N/A pump gas godzilla that makes 700+ hp and enough torque to reverse the earths rotation.

If you decide on a godzilla, check out https://www.willisengines.com/
it's run by Brian Wolfe an ex ford performance engineer and back in the fox body heyday he used his own foxbody mustang as a test mule for ford racing parts like the GT 40 intake and heads and the B303 cam. He had the first fox body to run 11's without pulling the engine out of the car, and the was in the early 90's
So I don’t see why the Godzilla can’t be run directly from the gen 3 pcm. It’s the same PCM used in the Super Duty. Since I have the entire electrical system from a current gen vehicle, I shouldn’t need any swap harnesses to make it work. Just need a good tuner! And yes… 600+ NA hp is very tempting… Weight is a concern though.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
So I don’t see why the Godzilla can’t be run directly from the gen 3 pcm. It’s the same PCM used in the Super Duty. Since I have the entire electrical system from a current gen vehicle, I shouldn’t need any swap harnesses to make it work. Just need a good tuner! And yes… 600+ NA hp is very tempting… Weight is a concern though.
You may be on to something, there is a guy on YouTube who swapped a godzilla into an 09 crown vic and got it to run on the 4.6 2v pcm with a 4r75 trans. He is a hack but there is a lot of good info.

The good news is the coyote and godzilla have the same firing order, so making a coyote pcm run a godzilla should be pretty easy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
You may be on to something, there is a guy on YouTube who swapped a godzilla into an 09 crown vic and got it to run on the 4.6 2v pcm with a 4r75 trans. He is a hack but there is a lot of good info.

The good news is the coyote and godzilla have the same firing order, so making a coyote pcm run a godzilla should be pretty easy.
Yea the engine itself is fairly easy to control since it’s a simple pushrod motor. The key would be getting VCT and the oil pump control working properly.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
There is a lot of godzilla swap parts out there now, along with enough parts to make 700+ hp N/A, including cams, oil pans, intake manifolds, front covers etc. There is even people who are swapping the godzilla into chevy's. Which is just awesome, chevy guys think its ok to swap an ls into anything but if you put anything other than a chevy engine into a chevy it is sacrilege and putting a ford into a chevy just pisses them off.

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
You can disable the vct just like the coyote. as for the variable oil pump, don't plug it in and it defaults to max output, easy peasy.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I get a lot of ass time at work (60+ hours) so I have nothing better to do than watch YouTube on my tablet while I'm there. I've found and watched a lot of swap videos.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Oh something else I just remembered, the godzilla has an 8 bolt flange on the crank just like the coyote, but has a 58 tooth reluctor wheel, whereas the coyote uses a 35 tooth wheel. You can have the coyote wheel redrilled to match the godzilla crank lining up the gap in the teeth or I've heard you can change the tune with HP tuners to make the coyote pcm read a 58 tooth wheel
Sponsored