Sponsored

S197 coolant bottle stains on 4l v6

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Car should be fine, if it was run "too hot" you should have signs of that by damaged head gasket. Hopefully it will be just cap or themostat housing. Owner seems to be ok fella
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bigjohn3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang v6 s197
Came back with the garage said a small crack in the thermostat housing (I think?) ... Not 100% sure kept dodging sending a pic of coolant before it went into garage. In the mean time I found a black GT 2006 model with most things done to it exhaust, underseal etc and radio conversion to dab for 4k more so I think near to 11k will be a good deal, any thoughts? The only issue is I have to drive it from Cambridge to Manchester first time in a LHD car would anyone have suggestions on if this is a good idea? It's also manual.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
thermostat housing 20 minute repair.

There is nothing that can replace the sound of a V8

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bigjohn3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang v6 s197
Just needs to be muffled it's got virtually a straight through stainless system. Very loud! But she seems clean.

OP
OP

Bigjohn3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang v6 s197
It seems the pressure cap on this is naff to. Took for a longer drive and a bit of steam from bonnet. Coming from coolant cap... lost a bit of water gone to half way down in bottle. Anyone know who sells new caps?

OP
OP

Bigjohn3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang v6 s197
Pressure tested and it kept to 16psi for 15 minutes with ease cold not tried hot it's also got metal thermostat already so must be cap. Ordered one though so hopefully no boil over.
Sponsored