Running bias ply fronts on the street?

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am thinking about ordering a set of racestar wheels and I am trying to determine what front tires to go with. I will be running hoosier 28x10x 17 rears. I am curious if it will be ok to drive the car to the track on bais ply front runners. I really don't want to change all four wheels at the track.
Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to post the exact same question for the exact same reason. I did some quick research before I did and I found enough info to satisfy me. From what I read you should be OK as long as you don't try to push it through any turns on the way to the track and stay with in the posted speed limits. It sounded like running bias in the back and wide radial front is the only combo that will cause issues. Anyone else feel free to correct me if this is not the case, I'm strictly going by what I read on the internet.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am trying decide on bias ply or radial skinnies for the front. I want 28" to match the height of slicks

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
For much street use at all, get something that has enough load capacity (even if you have to air them up a bit to get enough). If the drag skinnies have a load index number and either SL or XL designation, I have the tables to find out what psi you need.

Be careful in the wet weather. Narrow front tires could end up having better grip than wider rear tires, and you might find yourself in a situation that's outside the capabilities of AdvanceTrak for keeping you pointed in the right direction.

Norm

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
I run my M&H 28/4.5-18 biasply on the street often . Sometimes I forget they are on there and take corners quicker than I should [MENTION=14163]kcc0521[/MENTION] if you are running biasply slicks get the biasply fronts to match , the weight difference alone is worth it . You will have no issues on the street .
image.jpg

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I run my M&H 28/4.5-18 biasply on the street often . Sometimes I forget they are on there and take corners quicker than I should [MENTION=14163]kcc0521[/MENTION] if you are running biasply slicks get the biasply fronts to match , the weight difference alone is worth it . You will have no issues on the street .
I think I will go with the setup you have. I like the look of the 28"s on the front as well. It is just hard to pull the trigger on over 2K in wheels. That eats into my whipple fund.
Sponsored