"Run power active" wrench icon on dash

sicks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So I get out of work on a cold day, I start my 5.0 to warm up before taking off but to my surprise none of my electronics in the car power on. This is a gt premium so my IP screen was on a black screen, top center gauges were moving but not lit up same as the tack and speedo.

I turned off the car and started it up again and same deal. I threw it into reverse and my backup cam didn't work. I drove it to a new spot in the back of the parking lot and left it running and while I was walking around to see if someone did a hit n run (no damage found) didn't notice anything wrong with outside lighting. So I get back it turn it off and on again and this time everything comes on as normal all presets still there nothing was lost but a light came up on my dash as an orange wrench and I was prompted with a mssg stating "run power active is on" and I had to push ok to confirm. I drove home nothing at all weird with the car. I searched threw the owners manual but could not find out what this meant or why it was on. So here I am hoping anyone can provide some info I failed to find on my own. This was the only occasion this has happened and I have had no trouble with this issue since. Anyone else have this happen? :shrug:
Sponsored

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
This happened to my car! It was in November. I shut it off and then waited...got back in and it was back to normal. It never did it again?? No clue except maybe it was updating itself and just does that?

scoobydoonut

Texas Mustang Crazy GIRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wendy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I had this happen once I just turned it off waited a few and turned it back on it was all good hasn't done it since

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
It could possibly be related to low battery charge? I see "run power active" after I flash a new revision into my computer. Last time since I had to flash to stock before flashing the new revision, I through a PCM overload code.

Never had the orange wrench, but just guessing the "run power active" could be related to low voltage?

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
It could possibly be related to low battery charge? I see "run power active" after I flash a new revision into my computer. Last time since I had to flash to stock before flashing the new revision, I through a PCM overload code.

Never had the orange wrench, but just guessing the "run power active" could be related to low voltage?

You should always have a battery charger connected when uploading tunes to the PCM.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Has anyone found out what the "run power active" alert means??

I have had it happen a couple of times. The last time it happened, my car stalled while driving. I just started it immediately while rolling by letting the clutch out in gear and then it drove normally without issue ever since.
The ''power run active'' alert has only come on for me after spirited driving.

Last edited:

JGRoush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Stage 2 Roush Mustang
Has anyone found out what the "run power active" alert means??

I have had it happen a couple of times. The last time it happened, my car stalled while driving. I just started it immediately while rolling by letting the clutch out in gear and then it drove normally without issue ever since.
The ''power run active'' alert has only come on for me after spirited driving.
I had the same thing happen but while at a stop light with the clutch fully depressed. My car literally had like less than 200 miles at the time! Started right back up no problem. Still kinda bs for a brand new vehicle.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Got the wrench for the second time tonight. I was getting on the freeway under half throttle when the car cut power and the wrench icon came one. The car drove fine on throttle just down lots of power. When letting off it would shutter.

I ran a vehicle health report after turning it off and back on. The report didn't indicate anything and now the icon is gone. I'm not sure what the deal is, weird fly by wire gremlins.

chris_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium PP
I got it once! I had just turned into my neighborhood and was shifting and everything shut off and the run power active came up

Sponsored

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
This happened to me once - but I blame it on the freshly cleaned, but still quite wet air filter that I re-installed too quickly

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
happened to me while i was clutching into a complete stop, it also happened once before so i knew the car is shut off. This is something that gonna get someone kill.

flying dutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT / 1966 GT Convertable
The last couple of weeks, I have had it happen twice. I am driving along like normal and car stalls, and the "run power active" comes on. I just restart, and it seems normal. Was going to mention to dealer next time I am in.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Glad to know I'm not the only guy with the issue. My throttle response goes to hell after it happens sonic makes me think it has something to do with the throttle and fly by wire.

notstok5.0

IG: notstok5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't run power active the notification you get when the car is on but the engine isn't running? If I'm in my car and I press "start" with my foot off the clutch the a/c and radio come on... i believe a run power active notification pops up.
Sponsored