Sponsored

Rumormill: Next gen coyote will be twin turbo 4.0L.

OP
OP

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
They have for awhile had critical state fuel injectors that turn fuel too vapor and increase fuel consumption by a large number. Will not be released for sometime until it is needed. Why not? Its simple economics to bring in as much money as possible, ie the more fuel consumed the more money is made on sales of fuel and tax per gallon.
What? :shrug:
Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Autoblog.com reports that Mercedes just unveiled a new 4.0 liter TT V8 with 476 hp and apporoximately 700 lb/ft!!
A lighter S650 with a similarly tuned 4.0 L TT V8 would work for me!

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No one has to be at 50 mpg right now, not sure what you're trying to say...:crazy::confused:

Those vehicles will, in the future, allow the Mustang to stick around via their high fuel economy.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Window sticker EPA ratings are not the same as what the standards are. Window stickers are much lower than that. There are a lot of games with numbers to get to the #, the window sticker isn't the number. (I read up on it because I didn't know) To prove this look at any current model and the current requirement.

Carbon credits and blah blah blah all come into play. But I'll just say, everyone should buy a hybrid or tiny ecoboost as a second vehicle, it will help the cause :lol:

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
Better yet, get a full electric as your second (or even primary) car. There are a few good ones out there, with many more coming soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
No one has to be at 50 mpg right now, not sure what you're trying to say...:crazy::confused:

Those vehicles will, in the future, allow the Mustang to stick around via their high fuel economy.
Who said anything about 50mpg? Current standards demand 35.5mpg CAFE, and their isn't a single non electric model in Ford's entire lineup that meets that standard. As far as the difference between EPA sticker and CAFE mpgs go, that's just a matter of enforcement. The regulators are beholden to no one short of the president, and unless that president is willing to dismantle the current regime, they are going to demand parity at some point.

Carbon credits equal extra money that WE pay for a vehicle to offset the disparity in CAFE goals. As that gap grows wider (and it is across the entirety of the industry), the cost of conventional ICE powered vehicles will inflate to the point that a majority of consumers are priced out of the market. At this point, many of the current car companies will fail. At that point, the government will assign new ownership (similar to the bailouts) to their cronies. That is the entire purpose of the program. Take money from old car companies and redistribute it to new ones owned by the goons who make the rules.

It really has nothing to do with the environment. For every kilo of carbon we save, they incentivise developing markets to create 2 more. Anyone with half a brain who's looked at the data knows the greenhouse effect correlates with water vapor emissions, not CO2, and nobody is doing anything to regulate those. Why? Because there's not a dime to be made (or stolen) off of it.

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
As long as it's a V8 I don't care if it's naturally aspirated, single turboed, twin turboed, supercharged, plug-n-play, or runs on natural gas. Just give me a V8 and I'll be happy.
This is my thoughts as well. I hope it is a 4.0L V8 TT. That would be awesome!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
If you're bored and have a hour to spare watch this.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
.....But I'll just say, everyone should buy a hybrid or tiny ecoboost as a second vehicle, it will help the cause :lol:

I purchased a VW diesel back in 2010 that gets 45mpg all day long.
Oops...turns out you still can't trust the Germans.

flaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Who said anything about 50mpg? Current standards demand 35.5mpg CAFE, and their isn't a single non electric model in Ford's entire lineup that meets that standard. As far as the difference between EPA sticker and CAFE mpgs go, that's just a matter of enforcement. The regulators are beholden to no one short of the president, and unless that president is willing to dismantle the current regime, they are going to demand parity at some point.
The difference between the EPA sticker and CAFE mpg absolutely matters. The 54.5mpg CAFE is only about 42 mpg EPA. And it also depends on the vehicle's footprint. The RWD F-150 with the 2.7L V6 already meets the CAFE standards through 2024.

This is the standards that cars have to meet:
640px-USA_CAFE_Footprint_curves_with_2012_Prius_Compliance_FE.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpo...y#Agreed_standards_by_model_year.2C_2011-2025

Sponsored

vbondjr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
I'd be okay with a 4.0L Ecoboost Coyote V8, right above a decent 3.5L Ecoboost V6 and 3.0L V6

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Reviving a 4 year old thread, must have been really bored.
No V8 = No Mustang

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I remember this thread. Too bad it was bullshit. Would've been nice...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'd be okay with a 4.0L Ecoboost Coyote V8, right above a decent 3.5L Ecoboost V6 and 3.0L V6
I'd even be happy with a 4.0L NA Coyote. Better yet, a 4.0L Voodoo if they'd at least do it up right this time (with a conventional FPC V8 crankshaft of much shorter stroke).

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The difference between the EPA sticker and CAFE mpg absolutely matters. The 54.5mpg CAFE is only about 42 mpg EPA. And it also depends on the vehicle's footprint. The RWD F-150 with the 2.7L V6 already meets the CAFE standards through 2024.

This is the standards that cars have to meet:
640px-USA_CAFE_Footprint_curves_with_2012_Prius_Compliance_FE.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpo...y#Agreed_standards_by_model_year.2C_2011-2025
Belated 'like' for the chart.

If the EPA was truly serious about minimizing fuel usage they shouldn't have given larger vehicles so much of a break. That flies in the face of any goal of reducing the country's overall fuel usage.

Norm
Sponsored