Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Agreed......I fear sales will fall off a cliff if we don't get the V8. V8 hybrid would be the best of both worlds and would "future proof" the car through 2026 and beyond.

Here in the UK, sales were around 70% V8, 30% Ecoboost and, as we know, EB sales were halted for the '21MY.

We buy our Mustangs with our hearts, not our heads.

Usually, Ford reveals cars 6 month prior to production so, assuming S650 goes into production Autumn of 2022, I'd expect the reveal Spring of 2022. So, 12 months from now. Still waiting to see the first full prototypes. If there's a 4-door version, that's going to be pretty obvious despite the camo.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
don't know if this has been discussed!
If it comes in AWD it will most def be a hybrid v8 :D

It was covered in this thread (although it's good to see Steeda reporting on it, too........pretty sure companies like Steeda have a good relationship with Ford, and know what's coming in the next-gen).

Also, this mule is V8 based, so if it IS testing AWD, that would indicated an 8-cylinder hybrid :)

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/s650-mule-spotted-with-all-wheel-drive.154738/

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think awd will be an option on this car?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
don't know if this has been discussed!
If it comes in AWD it will most def be a hybrid v8
The C8 also has this brake setup, even though the base V8 model has RWD and no hybrid. It just means the platform can support AWD which is pretty obviously since we will get hybrid model, but not that the V8 model must have an hybrid

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The C8 also has this brake setup, even though the base V8 model has RWD and no hybrid. It just means the platform can support AWD which is pretty obviously since we will get hybrid model, but not that the V8 model must have an hybrid
Shhhhhhhh!
the hybrid will be with a V8 :D

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Shhhhhhhh!
the hybrid will be with a V8 :D
Since the Mach-E I am not really sure that Ford would actually go for the car the fans want, but search for the next market spot they can slap another Mustang badge on. A 4 door Mustang hybrid for europe without V8 sounds exactly like something a modern carmaker manager would fall in love with

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Since the Mach-E I am not really sure that Ford would actually go for the car the fans want, but search for the next market spot they can slap another Mustang badge on. A 4 door Mustang hybrid for europe without V8 sounds exactly like something a modern carmaker manager would fall in love with
So what you are saying is that we should buy a Mach 1 :D

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I hope you're wrong, Ace, but I guess I need to keep my expectations low..........and hope for the best!

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I would consider buying a Mustang sedan before a coupe. But, the field of performance sedans is pretty crowded.

OP
OP

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Unfortunately you’re right and considering the facts, it’s highly unlikely that we’ll ever see a V8-Hybrid… How many V8 hybrids are there? Pretty much none next to the new AMG GT73, which will be some kind of 4L V8 Hybrid monster with 800+HP.

From an economic standpoint a V8 hybrid is pretty much useless. Just get a V4 or a V6, put on some form of electrification, maybe a turbo or two and at the end of the day you get an engine that produces more power than the current coyote does, is arguably lighter or has a better weight distribution und uses less gas (at least on paper). Unfortunately that sounds like Ford and how they treat the Mustang lately…

The one concern that I would have with this as a white collar: the reason Ford is selling Mustangs in Europe or across the world IS the V8. Ford does not even offer the Ecoboost anymore because nobody cared. If they would offer the Mustang as some 600HP V6 Hybrid in Europe, they would most certainly charge a premium… I would assume that the sticker price would be around 70000€ (~85000$) for a regular Mustang “GT”… Just get an AMG or M car already…

People buy the Mustang for the “American” V8. That’s the reason. If they don’t get that anymore then what’s the point? Can’t be speed or build quality because most of the German brands are better at that.

Reactions: Ace
OP
OP

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
I would buy one if it was awd. I just sold my 2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0 awd and picked up a 21 BMW M340i xdrive. The list of quick awd sedans is rather short, and I don't want a crossover.
20210302_153926.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.