I am waiting for e-AWD coup with 0-60 low 3s

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
A 4 door V8 powered Mustang with a usable backseat would probably outsell the coupe.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I fully respect Matt and his YouTube channel, and I know a "family" of Mustangs has been discussed before but the one issue I have with this is:

What platform or architecture would this use?

S650 is expected to be a heavily modified version of the S550's D2C architecture. Could they really stretch this to make a 4-door?

D2C was itself a heavily modified version of DEW98, which was used by the Lincoln LS, Ford Thunderbird and Jaguar S-Type. I really can't see Ford dusting off DEW98, which debuted around 1999!!

The most obvious answer would be CD6, but we've been told all other vehicle development was killed off, once the Lincoln Aviator/Ford Explorer twins went on sale.

On a slight tangent, Ford recently re-Trademarked "Thunderbird"
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-trademarks-thunderbird.153657/

They were then spotted testing a Taycan. Could a Thunderbird be a Taycan rival? If so, you'd expect this to utilize an EV specific platform. Of course, this could end up being nothing more than Ford Trademarking the name to ensure no-one else can use it.

But, ask yourself this. In the current climate, what's more believable? Ford build a 4-door coupe/saloon pure EV, or Ford build a Mustang 4-door with ICE engines?
Why not the CD4 like the Continental? That supports AWD, so RWD could be possible.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Hey, I'm new to this forum and I thought that anyone would pick up the rumors about the S650 might come in in several variations like a four door (A7 / Panamera grand coupe design). But so far no one did…
Search "panamera" on this forum? Go back 4 years.
I dont think as much of the incremental 4 door design study stuff was released/leaked as it evolved as we would have liked (can we request more leaks? lol).
sldvfrvkzfykmkydfhyf.jpg

I do NOT have any 4door stuff.

Ford is totally capable of providing a product line breadth via evolving design language as strong as Porsche.

Look at the epic failure of the new Chevy Trailblazer styling. Might as well brought back the Pontiac Aztek...

D2C was itself a heavily modified version of DEW98, which was used by the Lincoln LS, Ford Thunderbird and Jaguar S-Type.
Drove a mule (98?99?) which was a chassis with a couple inches cut out about the middle of the back seat and then welded back together. Remember thinkn how much fun it probably was to fab that up.
Wish Ford would put together more historical documentaries on chassis evolution and the individuals that make the magic happen...

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Seems like a rebranded Fusion (or modern LTD...Torino...?). First Mach E and now this. If this actually happens, I wonder if there will also be a real Mustang somewhere in the mix or if Mustangs will no longer be Mustangs.

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Seems like a rebranded Fusion (or modern LTD...Torino...?). First Mach E and now this. If this actually happens, I wonder if there will also be a real Mustang somewhere in the mix or if Mustangs will no longer be Mustangs.
Again keep in mind they have already stated the 2 door mustang v8 isn't going anywhere. Mustang is expanding to be it's own brand. By doing this it's easier to keep the 2 door around. even when the v8 is dead and gone the 2 door will still be around I guarantee it.

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
Isn’t that the kid from Spiderman? :crackup:

fpvfan1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
van
Vehicle(s)
2002 mustang GT
honestly, I'm probably more excited about the thought of a four-door mustang than I should be. I think about cars such as the BMW 8-series gran-coupe and that's what I envision for the next generation Mustang. To be honest, I could care less if they put the 5.0L coyote in the 4-door car, and honestly I'd prefer them not to. The post says about 3-different powertrains and honestly I would like to see a few variants of 3-different engine options that ford has, those being the 3.0L, the 3.5L V6 and the return of the Inline-6 to the Mustang fold, but as an upgraded version of the Australian Ford Barra 325T. To start at the bottom, I would love to see a 400hp variant of the 3.0L as the base engine in the 4-door mustang, stepping all the way up to a 660hp variant of the 3.5L supercar V6 ecoboost engine under the hood and a 510hp version of the 3.0L Hybrid V6 Twin Turbo. However, a middle ground 4.0L I-6 Ecoboost engine would be a new step for the Mustang and honestly a great step. Ford's last version of the Barra Inline-6 cylinder Turbo engine made 436hp and 425lb-ft of torque which handily outguns the Gen-2 coyote 5.0's specs of 435hp/400tq. The last Barra I-6T was produced in 2014 and with the technical advances we have in motors at this point, I'm sure a brand new 4.0L Ecoboost I-6T could push out 495hp and 550lb-ft of torque, considering the the 3.5L Raptor variant is expected to produce 480hp/542lb-ft of torque. while not quite the numbers of the BMW M850i, a DCT controlled AWD 4-door coupe like this with options and upgrades from the Ford Performance bin would certainly be a welcome addition to the family. who cares about a manual transmission these days. the three powertrain choices should be the regular 10-speed auto, the hybrid 10-speed auto and an upgraded Dual-Clutch transmission. Also, the 4-door coupe variant should not follow the typical naming system of what Ford has been using for the coupe. No Bullitts and no Mach 1s. honestly, I wouldn't even do a GT variant. I would do a 3.0T ST, a 4.0T RS (with an RS R-Spec version), a 3.0T Hybrid GTS and a 3.5T SHO. Now before anyone gets upset about the SHO reference, remember the Dodge used the Demon trim on the Challenger when the Demon was actually a variant of the Dodge Dart back in the '70's, the front design of the Hellcat charger (and any other hellcat) was inspired by the Plymouth GTX of the early 70's and two of the Challenger's hood designs came from either the Plymouth Cuda or the Dart Demon so moving a trim level from on sporty Ford 4-door to another shouldn't be a problem. This is what the the 4-door should be.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm ok with the MachE but a 4door sedan I'm not. A 4door sedan would bring the end of the coup a lot faster than it should.

Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I would never buy a 4-door Mustang, just as I would never buy a MACH-e.

A Mustang was never an SUV and never had 4-doors.

end thread :devil:
I agree. It would not be a Mustang IMO if it had 4 doors. But then again the Charger was originally a 2 door.

Rocketeer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A PP
I agree. It would not be a Mustang IMO if it had 4 doors. But then again the Charger was originally a 2 door.
That was when it was a true Mopar and not a 2004 Mercedes e-class chassis derivative.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Now, if these rumors would turn out to be true, that would mean that the manual would be gone for the ecoboost and it would also indicate that the EU and Germany might not get another V8. Ford stated that from 2023 onwards all European cars will be at least hybrids. So we would get the ecoboost but only a minority of buyers would be interested in that…
Ford Europe goes full hybrid by 2026, not 2023. But I agree that if these engine are correctly I doubt we will get the V8 here, since offering an Ecoboost and a V6 Hybrid would easily comply with european emission laws

TomOz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Ruby Red, 5.0 / 10 speed
Ford Europe goes full hybrid by 2026, not 2023. But I agree that if these engine are correctly I doubt we will get the V8 here, since offering an Ecoboost and a V6 Hybrid would easily comply with european emission laws
I hope the V8 comes to Australia (RHD market) with the S650 model.
I would be pretty pissed off if the only option was the 4 or 6 cyl.
My 2018 GT will have to last many more years in that case.....

It's Rob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium (previously 2020 Ecoboost)
My opinion; The Mustang Mach-E is not a true American muscle car Mustang, it's an suv EV they're trying to sell the best they can by giving it a world wide known name. Ford, just remove the mustang name and call it a Mach-e. You're not fooling anyone. It also looks like a Maserati Levante
A 4 door Mustang would not be a legit mustang, nor would the majority of people consider it such, but Ford could call it a mustang to, again, help the car sell well.
Ford, could you design a sedan that has exactly the same body style, shape, and looks that our beloved muscle car coupes have but call it something else, like the Trakehner, or Fjord, or Clydesdale, or Breton. Please don't brand it a Mustang. Just keep on with tradition. I'm okay with Mustangs going electric in 10 years, after I've bought two or three more gas guzzlers. You've got a winning recipe already. Don't try to sweeten this delicious American dish with oyster sauce when the recipe doesn't call for it.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.